Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Federal or provincial -or both ?

This goes a bit beyond that though , Mars . Italy , while granted, has never had a stable government - except perhaps Mussolini - continues to show itself a bunch of regional warriors and capos taking bribes and the masses cheer them on ... It's just a big sporting event , like a soccer game , to no one's ( except friends of the party ) benefit , unfortunately . :P

Now I know we had Trudeau , but at least he was part of a real party with a vision and had the ability to make changes - whether you liked it or not . Italy just chooses which criminal syndicate they think they'd rather turn over their GNP and destiny to - though few last long enough to do anything positive . If I were in charge of the EU , I'd boot Italy and take the Turks .

Federal or provincial -or both ?

This goes a bit beyond that though , Mars . Italy , while granted, has never had a stable government - except perhaps Mussolini - continues to show itself a bunch of regional warriors and capos taking bribes and the masses cheer them on ... It's just a big sporting event , like a soccer game , to no one's ( except friends of the party ) benefit , unfortunately . :P

Ironically, this could be the first time they DO get a stable government... (his party got 46.8% or 340 of the 617 seats in the parliament)

Watch them screw it up anyway - with numerous assorted court cases and corruption trials , etc .

It really confounds me how women find Italian men 'sexy': they're just moma's boys and professional criminals at heart and will likely cheat on you at the drop of a hat, be it business or marriage -praise Jesus and all the saints . :laughing: :D

If my neighbour doesn't stop playing Tears In Heaven on his guitar and whining along with this... voice that can't hit a note every single day, I'll pull a Pete Townshend on his head.

How can one person be so irritating in so many different ways? And how can such a person be a Who fan? :mad:

Here's a story that'll make you feel better. This is the vacation story told to me by a mom of one of the kids on my son's Little League team a few years ago.

They had a three-story house, went away to the lake for a weekend of water skiing, and had his brother stop by to collect mail, etc. Did not give the brother a key, however, so when the brother noticed water leaking out of the garage he called them. They rushed home from the lake to find the house so flooded that water was pushing through the walls - not through the cracks at the doors and windows - through the walls. After swimming to the top floor, they discovered that the bottom corner of a toilet tank on one of the toilets upstairs had just broken off, and the toilet had continued to run for two whole days.

So they had to go to a hotel to stay while the insurance company took care of things. Their room at the hotel was a floor level, and they had parked their large 4-wheel-drive luxury diesel truck, with $10 thousand worth of tools in a locked toolbox in the bed, right by their room window. First morning in the hotel, husband gets up, checks on the truck, nothing amiss. He jumps in the shower. 20 minutes later he opens the door to leave for work, and his truck is gone. Wife never heard a thing - and those diesels are loud.

So, no matter what your situation is, there's usually one that's worse. I think about these guys whenever something in my place breaks down. Of course, they started out with a whole helluva lot more than I have! But bigger toys sometimes buy bigger problems. *sigh*

One of the many brainless retards living here decided it'd be a good idea to put a plug in the bathtub on our floor, let the water run and somehow locked the door from the outside. My friend in the other wing just IMed me to tell me there's water in the corridor, and when I got up to have a look I realised that half my room is flooded. The carpet's not just wet... the water is actually about a cm deep. Same with the rooms of both my neighbours... and there's water dripping from the ceiling on the floor below me. All the porter had to say was "mop it up somehow, it's too late at night to do something about it". It's 7:30... and all we've got is about two toilet paper rolls per person. A bit like emptying a lake with a bucket. :P