• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There can be only one appropriate response to this thread at this time --

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=9803

"This is an example of an early Chicago song featuring their ^horns^ section of Walter Parazaider, James Pankow and Lee Loughnane.

and

b55d2w.jpg

I was lookin' into a Skagen with a blue face/dial :cool:

233lssn--1.jpg

I have two of watches with mesh bands and it was bitch for me to adjust them to my wrist. I'm afraid I will bend or snap the little bar whenever I use a tool to adjust it, which is the main reason I haven't gotten a Skagen yet.

I bent my bar yesterday adjusting it.

Still works though. I'm just never planning on adjusting it again. At least they're not ridiculously expensive. Got mine on Amazon for ~$40

I bent my bar yesterday adjusting it.

Still works though. I'm just never planning on adjusting it again. At least they're not ridiculously expensive. Got mine on Amazon for ~$40

Yeah, I bent one clasp pin on a watch big time, so it looks as if I will never be adjusting my Ziiiro ever again. I got mine for 200, so at this point I better wear it even if it's an uncomfortable hunk of metal. The clasp pin on the Mondaine was a little sturdier. This is why mesh wrist bands grind my gears, followed by those effing links - link watches are uncomfortable as hell to wear. My 10-dollar digital Casio 91W beats all of them in terms of comfort and convenience! :beatnik:

Here's a pic of the Ziiiro:

Christmas-Gift-list-The-ZIIIRO-Celeste-W

Here are some pics of the junk I've tried to wear lately:

IMG_0759.jpg

Those links are cumbersome. The crown also digs right into the top of my hand! I may have to go back to the watch repairman and get one more link taken out to get a proper fit. This grinds my gears.

IMG_0758.jpg

The rubber band on this one has a weird VOC smell... like some kind of cheap0 knock-off. It grinds my gears.

IMG_0742.jpg

This thing gets scratches like crazy... from nothing! This stupid watch will get a scratch if you breathe on it wrong. I've had to take it to the watch repairman to get the scratches buffed out. It really grinds my gears :rockon:

best watch I ever had was a Walmart cheap-ass gold colored thing. Lasted me probably 20 years, only had to change the battery in it 3 times. Still have it, but it's in a drawer now, almost all the gold is rubbed off. I use my phone to tell the time now.

Don't get me started on women's watches. I could be here all day listing. Designers go crazy with women's watch designs, but not so much on the features (i.e., you don't see a lot of aviator, boating, or car racing watches aimed at women, but you WILL see jade colour for a watch face!). Here's a Piaget lux watch:

Picture%204219.jpg

If Hamilton Art Deco reissue watches came in jade, I'd immediately get one :cool:

il_fullxfull.294498307.jpg

Pfft, you wanna see a big watch? Check out an Invicta.

Terrible watches too. And ridiculously huge.

Hahaha. Yeah, I've always wondered who buys those garish things! At least they didn't blow their cash on a Raymond Weil, Tag, or Baume & Mercier watch (although there was ONE automatic mechanical I liked... but not enough to pay 2K for it).

That crappy Armani watch is actually 43mm. It is a big watch, but the close-up and angle at which I took the picture makes it look even bigger. The shiny, shiny silver makes it look like a saucer, too! The Burberry trinket is 45mm and really thick. 45mm is the limit. I wish I could wear a Steinhart pilot German watch or a Poljot Russian watch, but a lot of them come at around 47mm with very few below that (maybe the Russian ones come in smaller sizes).

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Nav-B-watch-stainless-steel,13.html

http://www.poljot24.de/en/index.html

On the other end is the Mondaine, which is really thin and small. Probably smaller and thinner than a Skagen. It looks and feels like a woman's watch! That doesn't grind my gears, though :googly:

Don't parents teach their kid how to use manors any more?...seriously, it sucks when you want to enjoy going out for a nice dinner and try to have a conversation....when a family of loud obnoxious kids are sitting behind you...sad that this group consisted of parents that were also loud...and grandparents were sitting with them also...I usually have pretty good patience but this was ridiculous.....they were asked to quiet down, but they got louder..so the waitress moved us to another table...

Don't feel bad Laurie; I've always hated having screaming kids at the table next to me when I'm trying to enjoy my meal, whether it's at McDonalds or a fancy restaurant. Age doesn't really have anything to do with that, I don't think. My parents raised my sister and I to be quiet and respectful when in public, no matter where that was, and I get annoyed when it looks like other parents didn't teach their kids the same thing.

I received many compliments on my son's behavior whenever we went out anywhere to eat, whether it was iHop or something slightly more upscale (and I do mean slightly). So I credit my own upbringing for doing the same with him. He is a very respectable young man now. At least as far as I know. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Motorists texting and not paying attention to the road, thus cutting off a motorcyclist while passing on a double-solid line curve, forcing the motorcyclist to apply the back brake, dumping the pristine-condition 2004 Harley Davidson Road King FLHPI, and then both motorcycle and rider get a wowee fun trip across the asphalt, through the gravel, in, then out of a ditch. $8200.00 damage to the bike, and earning the rider 4 broken ribs and a busted collar bone. Ow. Very, very ow.