What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It quite agitates me that a lot of great modern albums will only be pressed on vinyl in the UK and I'll have to play shipping out the wazoo if I want to import them.

Case in point:

Admiral Fallow's "Boots Met My Face"

Ed Sheeran's "+"

just to name 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...

I messed up with my fantasy baseball roster :doh:

Johnny Cueto was starting today but I just checked my line-up and he was on the bench. Nothing I could do because it was an afternoon game. What is with baseball and afternoon games in the middle of the week? Don't people have jobs? :mad:

:laughing: Ironically, that is true. I have a large pitching rotation. I've noticed most of you use 4 relievers, but I only use 3. The rest are starters. I'm constantly switching pitchers around, but so far that formula has worked.

I'm upset today tho because I usually make adjustments 2 - 3 days in advance, but I guess that trade with RJ reset my roster somehow (half my batters were benched?) :crazy:

My roster got muddled up a bit more than that. I was only expecting the 2 roster spots to be empty, but for some reason I was also missing 2 other players and the changes I'd made the day before were reset to what they were 2 days prior. :crazy: Strange...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hahaha. I paid a little extra attention to a girl I fancied and asked her to lunch with me a few times a week to gauge if there was mutual interest: the conversation goes great every time, there's shared laughter, body language and non-verbal cues are coordinated, all the signs are there, and then... I make my move to ask her out. BAM! She says we're just friends in a sneak ninjamove karatechop and kick to the head into the abyss in front of everyone, and totally dodges the answer by trying to set me up with one her friends; that was adding insult to injury. I quickly stomped out that fire by laughing and telling her we're not friends, nor would I want to waste my time pretending to be one. Then, I ordered another round of beers for everyone at our table :beatnik:

Everything is made in China. Companies exploit the cheap workforce there. Why pay a Canadian X number of dollars to make that flag, when you can pay some Chinese kids 1/10th of that to make the same thing?

I don't agree with it mind you, but that's the economic breaks. Not just for you, but for lots of countries.