What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few nights ago I went to the Wilco concert and did the things you do at such concerts (read: drink and smoke). I had a designated driver who went with one of her friends into town while the show went on and then picked me up after. Apparently she failed to live up to her promise, because we got pulled over and she blew a freaking .17. I was far too dazed and confused to notice that she was in no state to drive, which I kind of feel bad about, but at the same time it's not really my fault, right? But not only did I have to sit through the always-terrifying experience of having a cop around asking questions while I'm high, I'm now in trouble for being "irresponsible in a university vehicle" or something. Seems unfair to me.

At least the concert was freaking awesome...

Edna we have what they call "monitors" on the buses...monitors don't drive, they ride along on the bus to make sure the kids don't cause any trouble...so much for that, huh?....I guess if I was in that situation, I'd make the bus driver stop...noway would I sit there and listen to these litte s***s harrass me.....

That's the thing: She was supposed to monitor these kids, but seemed to not be doing that job.

My son has strep throat and maybe hand foot and mouth disease.

No fun.

Awww poor baby (him, not you). I heard that there is an outbreak across the country of hand, foot & mouth disease. Not serious, but you're right, not fun, one of my kids had it 20+ years ago. Hang in there, you'll get to experience much worse in the years to come. Think of it as a learning opportunity. ;)

I bet any father would gladly take a curse upon himself to lift one from his child. :bow:

That's how I see the situation: karma at work. You wanted your baby to feel better so the curse of malcontent was placed upon you. Besides, you're older and can handle it better. :wink:

You wanted your baby to feel better so the curse of malcontent was placed upon you.

I just watched a show about the real-life 1949 exorcism case that the book "The Exorcist" was based on. Your comment made me think of how that whole thing ended. :crazy: