What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'll be fine , son. I don't sense any panic in you nor a lack of what you have to BS to pass the tests . Godspeed . :)

BTW ; I wrote my last exam in my course the morning after dropping LSD and drinking all night-no sleep . One of my best results . Good luck to you ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

The bus drivers in my city are on strike. This doesn't affect me personally because I own a car, but many people depend on the bus to get to work and our economy is in bad enough shape as it is. One of my good friends already lost her job because of this strike. This is a prime example of why I hate labor unions and don't believe they should still be relevant in today's society, especially when the dispute is over wages and benefits as opposed to working conditions. There are plenty of unemployed people willing to drive the buses for less than the drivers are already making. I hope they find replacements and fire the greedy previous employees.

Spoken like someone who's never worked a job that didn't provide a living wage. I'm glad there's lots of unemployed people willing to drive the buses for less than the current drivers are making, but what are the current drivers making, and does that amount equal a living wage? If it does, and they want more, that's one thing. If it doesn't, and they're requesting a wage increase because they can't live on what they're currently making, that's something altogether different. Wanting to be able to subsist on your salary doesn't make one greedy.

I'm unemployed right now, but if I take a job that doesn't afford me the ability to pay my bills, how does that put me in a better position than I am now? I'm not able to pay my bills now, taking a job where I still can't has given me nothing.

But what about the Confederacy?

They are called 'Canada ' now ,I believe , though we can't nor never will be certain about how Quebec thinks about this ( as they tend to prefer not to think about anything , but rather be impulsive ...it's so much more ....ow you say ? ... French ) . ;)

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the origin didn't come from some back-water , displaced Cajuns seeking revenge on what they saw as British-like , snooty Northerners . Wouldn't take long to spread to drunken Irishmen then ... :laughing: :laughing:

Edited by Guest

wow. :crazy:

My gears are grinding watching the Angels, and Pujols in that red jersy. The Angels? Something is so wrong about this, but I'm going to try my best to become a fan. ;)

Not so much wow. I live down here. There are some parts of this town where you'd swear the war was still going on. They need a reality check.

As an aside, are you're going to switch baseball teams because Pujols is in Anaheim? I've had a lot of players I've liked over the years get sent to different teams, but I stay with my tried and true.

Sorry, the wow was my reaction the fact that I was watching an Angels game. ;)

I'm not changing teams - just adding. I won't be switching my allegiance anytime soon, I'm a diehard Cards fan, as any good St Louis native should be and that will never change. But, I'm sitting here in San Diego and the Padres stink! The Angels don't stink, they are also local, and now they've got Albert. I'm (almost) as big a fan of Pujols as I am of the Cards, and I think that the Cardinals organization did him dirty - So I'll remain a Cards fan, remain a Pujols fan, and I'm working becoming an Angels fan. Maybe. At least it's the AL. :D

I know it's going to be a different game to watch. Spring training games don't give you much of an idea, the few I've watched have been plain boring.

I'm also interested to see how the Angels organization uses him & also the fans responses to him. The organization has already exploited him in a way that ticked him off, using a moniker that he requested not be used in reference to himself years ago - El Hombre. Spanish for "The Man" which is Stan Musial's time honored nickname. St Louis and MLB in general respected Albert's wishes regarding the non-use of that name for years (Albert is a friend and fan of Musial) ... and The Angel's jumped on it using El Hombre in their first promotional campaign featuring Albert. He was not a happy slugger.

Coming from an Orioles fan, the LAST thing we needed was to have ANOTHER great hitter in the AL.

Because things aren't tough enough for us as it is.

One of these days the Orioles will be good and all of this love for an incredibly disappointing team will be worth it right? I've been saying that for 14 years...

The bus drivers in my city are on strike. This doesn't affect me personally because I own a car, but many people depend on the bus to get to work and our economy is in bad enough shape as it is. One of my good friends already lost her job because of this strike. This is a prime example of why I hate labor unions and don't believe they should still be relevant in today's society, especially when the dispute is over wages and benefits as opposed to working conditions. There are plenty of unemployed people willing to drive the buses for less than the drivers are already making. I hope they find replacements and fire the greedy previous employees.

They don't make squat, man, and their employer wants to pay them less. You think that is good? Rich people's income has increased many times over in the past three decades while the wages of bus drivers have either remained stagnant at best or decreased over time. Talking about "greed" in this instance is rich, but that's exactly what people who have wealth and power want: for the poor to fight and trip each other up while they line their pockets with other people's money :beatnik: