What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It grinds my gears to go out to a restaurant late in the evening and people have small children there running around getting more and more overtired and irritable (not to mention loud!)

I have been in a single parent situation growing up, and if we were at a restaurant past my bedtime (which rarely happened), my mum had packed something for me to keep me entertained like a book/game/toys.

I feel so bad for the kids because they are bored and have nothing to do, so start acting up and the parents just continue enjoying their evening expecting everyone around them to just understand and basically babysit their kids for them.

It's not cool at all!

I hate that, too, Susan. I have seen unruly children almost knock over servers. Those lazy parents will be the first ones complaining if their kid gets burned by hot soup or coffee. It's just not safe to let your kid run around in a restaurant. Mine likes to color or play Tic Tac Toe or I lend her my iPod with games for her on it.

What grinds my gears is that I think I'm catching a cold. YECH!

I saw something on TV...didn't quite catch the whole story though...about certain restaurants that don't allow children...and they were showing parents that were against the rule.....a couple years ago me and hubby went out to a very nice fancy restaurant. the family behind us had a very unruly loud, whiney child....was very upsetting that we couldn't enjoy our dinner....it wasn't exactly your typical family restaurant, why they would take the kids there, I have no idea...

It's the same rule that applies to people with dogs: the parents of the children (or dogs) don't have a clue that their children (or dogs) are being loud or annoying those around them. They (the parents) are so used to the behavior that it does not even phase them.

When was the last time you went to a family member's house who has a dog - or several - that jump all over you and bark excitedly, etc., and the people who live there do nothing? It's because they don't notice it. To them, it's all a part of the regular atmosphere.

I hate being called Suzie. I am always introduced as Susan or Sue. I don't know why they think it'd be ok to overfamiliarize themselves so quickly, especially when I don't respond to them when they call me something other than my introduced name!

Especially if they're older than me - it just creeps me out. Unless, of course, I am on a familiar level or just plain like them enough not to notice :P

What does grind my gears is how incredibly nasty we can be about other people we don't know for the amusement of others. Specifically, talking about a facebook group I stumbled on through a photo link of a bad Halloween/cosplay costume. There were a load of others and the comments on them ranged between vile, despicably vicious and sickening. Yes, I am pretty sure I have judged someone on appearance only and said something spiteful (absolutely no doubt about it), but usually because I feel self conscious about myself and if someone else looks worse - I win! Right? Hell, I'm angry at myself for having done it :/

I hate being called Suzie. I am always introduced as Susan or Sue. I don't know why they think it'd be ok to overfamiliarize themselves so quickly, especially when I don't respond to them when they call me something other than my introduced name!

Especially if they're older than me - it just creeps me out. Unless, of course, I am on a familiar level or just plain like them enough not to notice :P

What does grind my gears is how incredibly nasty we can be about other people we don't know for the amusement of others. Specifically, talking about a facebook group I stumbled on through a photo link of a bad Halloween/cosplay costume. There were a load of others and the comments on them ranged between vile, despicably vicious and sickening. Yes, I am pretty sure I have judged someone on appearance only and said something spiteful (absolutely no doubt about it), but usually because I feel self conscious about myself and if someone else looks worse - I win! Right? Hell, I'm angry at myself for having done it :/

Whenever someone takes a photograph of me, I go outta my way to ask if it is going to be posted on-line.

At a cousin's uni graduation dinner, I told her to not post any photographs of me or edit me out completely, esp. if it involves spacebook and any other "networking" wankery. Oddly enough, people have been okay with it. Hahaha. I am crazy like that... and they've been really cool about it =:P

• 3 weeks later...

When people bring dogs to the beach, esp. because they do not clean up after them. I rarely get upset and this is infuriating. I'm already not keen on dogs, so this one really adds fuel to the fire.

Same goes for horses. I hate it when people take them outta their stables for a nice stroll on the road... :beatnik:

Edited by Guest

On the same note as BA, I go for a walk at one of our local parks everyday. There are garbage cans and recycling cans all over the place. Every day, I see water bottles, candy wrappers and other assorted crap on the ground. It's sickening. If I wanted to walk in garbage, I'd go to the landfill.