What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I was forced to come up with something that was grinding my gears right now, I'd go with the heat. I'm all the way ready to get the dodge outta hell and go to cooler climes. I don't mind the 100 degrees. In fact, unlike most, I even enjoy 90-100 degrees. It's the over 110 for weeks on end that is breaking me - both physically and financially, since my power bill has been insane these past three months.

I'd offer to trade you, Shawna, but I know you hate the cold even more.

When we were in Hawaii last year, I was chatting with a guy from Australia and I asked him why he was there in December...after all, it is summer for them at that time. He said Australians often go other places to escape the dreadful heat.

I'm home for the whole week... the Pope is in Spain and there are millons of fans invading the town. I thought it would be better than a World Soccer Cup but the young catholics are drunk and screaming all over the subways and streets... I see no big difference witht he Gay Pride week...

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will never eat at any germ infested buffets ever again, seriously...I got so sick after having the buffet at Ponderosa...I don't know if it was food poisoning or some bug I picked up, but I was sooooo sick for two days, and I had to cancel our wine tour because of that too... I guess I never really thought about how many people, kids, have handled those serving spoons through out the day...I've never been a "germophobic"...but after that I just might..

At one GOP debate, the audience cheered Rick Perry's deplorable death penalty record. At another, they shouted "Let him die!" when Ron Paul was asked what the government should do about a dying man with no insurance. So much for pro-life. At the last one, the audience booed a gay soldier who asked Rick Santorum about don't ask, don't tell. So much for supporting our troops. When the voting public is even more insane and vicious than our politicians, what hope do we have? I am genuinely scared right now.