What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

It's not as troubling as the EHEC, but around here, little is getting done as everyone is "graduating." Since when did completing kindergarten or 8th grade earn you a graduation? Isn't that something you're expected to do?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 4 year old granddaughter "graduates" from pre-school later this month. It'll give parents and grandparents a chance to see the kids perform and sing so it's nice. As far as the benefits to the kids I suppose it shows them the importance of moving on to the next level and of having accomplished something.

But the fun for the grandparents is the part I like.

we never celebrated kindergarten graduation, but we did have 5th grade, 8th grade, and high school graduation ceremonies. Well... the 5th grade wasn't a ceremony so much as just an excuse to have a party. The 8th grade one was more serious.

It's not as troubling as the EHEC, but around here, little is getting done as everyone is "graduating." Since when did completing kindergarten or 8th grade earn you a graduation? Isn't that something you're expected to do?

Well yes, but you're graduating or moving on to the next level of schooling. My mom and dad had kindergarten and 8th grade graduations, and they'll be 62 this year, and I know both my grandmothers had them because we have pictures. One grandmother was born in 1918, the other in 1923. So this is something that's obviously been going on a while.

I haven't heard of EHEC, but I do know that my poor nephew and his wife took their 3-year-old on a 2-day Disneyland/California Adventure adventure, and when the drove back home to Tucson - an 8 hour drive - the 3-year-old was hurling and soiling diapers non-stop due to a stomach virus. Poor kid. Poor parents!!

Does EHEC have anything to do with that? :puppyeyes:

NoooOooooo. You DON'T want anyone afflicted with that super-bacteria, which has caused one of the deadliest and biggest infection outbreaks in many years.

You should take the child to the doctor and have the lab do analysis. It could be something like norovirus (this usually affects cruise ships). The child wading pools and water features in water parks are also notorious for harbouring all kinds of infectious bacteria.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

- CoD and its fps ilk sometimes grinds my gears for basically making the gaming industry in the U.S. suck (we never get a good selection of games the way the Japanese gamers get).

- Otomedius Excellent's release date was pushed back... for the fourth time.

- Catherine's English dub blows... and it's the only way the game is available in North America.