What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I am very disoriented right now. I woke up on time for my first class, but I felt like crap. So I took a shower, and it felt like the greatest thing ever, so I stayed in there for a very long time and decided I could afford to miss my first class today as long as I made it to my second class. After I finally got out of the shower and got dressed and stuff I had a little bit of time before I needed to head over to the second class, so I was screwing around on the computer a little bit, while keeping an eye on the time. As time neared, I dozed off for what felt like a couple minutes. I jerked awake and realized I would be late if I didn't hurry, so I left without checking the time. As I was heading to class I saw people in my class heading towards me, away from the building. I thought maybe class had been canceled. It hadn't. It was over. I had slept for an hour without realizing it. How the f*** does that happen?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did a job for someone a few months ago who hasn't paid me yet. I'm not in a position to work for free, so I'm not letting it die a silent death. I'm going after her, filing a legal complaint and essentially embarrassing the hell out of her with her business associates.

(see "What Sweetens Your Coffee")

yesterday we went on a train ride (the Clarkdale Camp Verde Canyon jobbie) which was very cool. We were in a first-class car with about 30 other people.

They had a sort of buffet with salad, sandwich slices, vegetable tray, that sort of stuff. The "waitress" on our car told us that we all have to share the food, because once it's gone, it's gone and there is no more, so remember the other people on the car when you go get your food.

So my kid and J's kid, 17 and 19 respectively, go up and get a sandwich slice, some veggies, etc. Enough for one person, even though they're growing boys and could have eaten much more.

Then J and I went up and got in line behind 2 women. They both loaded up 2 plates apiece - and I mean loaded them up - with literally enough food to feed 8 people between them, and went back to their seats and commenced their meal.

What grinds my gears about that is, while everyone else on the car took just enough for themselves, why did these two women feel they had a right to so much? Is it that they feel it's all about them, or they just don't actually realize how much food they're taking? I don't understand the mindset there.

[smallest]Any offense to any of yous is unintentional, I'm just reporting the facts.[/smallest]

Personally Shawna I think it's the "my right" attitude at work there. When DH and I had to fly from Denver to OR the people sitting in front of us were like that. We were horrified and disgusted by the behavior. To make matters worse, it was a mother and son. She was raising the kid right for sure with a complete lack of anything that even resembled manners :(

It was just one more thing in what we call, THE TRIP FROM HELL. We laugh about it all now but at the time, none of the crazy stuff that went on during that whole trip fiasco was very amusing ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The Current Quote box.

If I see "Maggie May" by Rod Stewart, "Rainy Day In June" by The Kinks, "Substitute" by The Who, or "Blinded By The Light" by Bruce Springsteen in the Current Quote box one more time, I'm going to scream like a banshee.

These four songs have been rotting in there longer than the fruit and vegetables in my refrigerator crisper drawer.

Something should be done! :soapbox:

05/12/11 08:05 PM - Post#650228

The Current Quote box.

If I see "Maggie May" by Rod Stewart, "Rainy Day In June" by The Kinks, "Substitute" by The Who, or "Blinded By The Light" by Bruce Springsteen in the Current Quote box one more time, I'm going to scream like a banshee.

These four songs have been rotting in there longer than the fruit and vegetables in my refrigerator crisper drawer.

Something should be done! :soapbox:

1305854694-screaming_banshee.jpg

I know it's headbangin' week and all, but I didn't have to really go and bang my forehead today!....grrrr..We have a new office, they put in wall to wall counter top desk...as I was walking into the office I dropped my pen and bent down to pick it up and banged my freakin forehead on the edge of the freakin desk..I got a nice little one inch cut across my forehead and a nice little bruise to go with it...grrrrrrrr

and theeeeeeen..

we also have new chairs I'm not use to, the fun swivel ones on wheels...well I have a habit of sitting on the edge of my seat...not a good idea in these kinds of chairs...I ended up with my butt on the floor...

I'm just a clutz I guess...

• 2 weeks later...

So I get a stomach virus. Lasts a day, it's murder, then goes away. My girlfriend feels a little sick but gets over it quickly. All is well yes?

We go to Friendly's, and my son, Nate, throws up EVERYWHERE. And he's been doing it since then.

Ugh. It's summer. I thought we weren't supposed to be sick?

I haven't heard of EHEC, but I do know that my poor nephew and his wife took their 3-year-old on a 2-day Disneyland/California Adventure adventure, and when the drove back home to Tucson - an 8 hour drive - the 3-year-old was hurling and soiling diapers non-stop due to a stomach virus. Poor kid. Poor parents!!

Does EHEC have anything to do with that? :puppyeyes: