Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get well, Raccoon.

I have to write an article about "Who By Fire" by leonard Cohen.

A very important song for millions of music lovers (and poetry lovers as well)

Guess what song isn't in the data base? Or still didn't make the Top ten?

I'm going to have to get my facts from anywhere else than Songfacts... .thumbsdown:

...and then, add some facts myself... ;)

Nebulous, borderline-false advertising by Jack In The Box. They're the ones I have the most trouble with redeeming coupons. Example: there's a coupon that says "buy any breakfast croissant, get any breakfast croissant of equal or lesser value for FREE." Well, I order the breakfast croissant combo and they were refusing to accept the coupon stating the coupon is good for when you buy ONLY ONE croissant. I told them the coupon doesn't say anywhere that it's good for ONLY ONE. Otherwise, it would say, "Buy one, get one of equal or lesser value for free." I think we discussed this for about 5 minutes and the guy wouldn't budge. So I told him to give me his name and to get "Jack" on the line for me hahahah.

Seriously, don't call my bluff. I will call corporate and name you. "Besides," I told him, "we're on camera, so there's a proven record of your service. Don't get bent outta shape for one free croissant... Jesus H., now I gotta be a part-time lawyer to redeem coupons at this joint?" I got the free croissant :beatnik:

Nebulous, borderline-false advertising by Jack In The Box. They're the ones I have the most trouble with redeeming coupons. Example: there's a coupon that says "buy any breakfast croissant, get any breakfast croissant of equal or lesser value for FREE." Well, I order the breakfast croissant combo and they were refusing to accept the coupon stating the coupon is good for when you buy ONLY ONE croissant. I told them the coupon doesn't say anywhere that it's good for ONLY ONE. Otherwise, it would say, "Buy one, get one of equal or lesser value for free." I think we discussed this for about 5 minutes and the guy wouldn't budge. So I told him to give me his name and to get "Jack" on the line for me hahahah.

Seriously, don't call my bluff. I will call corporate and name you. "Besides," I told him, "we're on camera, so there's a proven record of your service. Don't get bent outta shape for one free croissant... Jesus H., now I gotta be a part-time lawyer to redeem coupons at this joint?" I got the free croissant :beatnik:

Stick with the Super Taco.

I'm devastated, I found a young dog lying in the middle of the road still breathing hard with blood coming out of his nose. I called the police and waited for them to arrive to have an emergency vet come by. While waiting I saw another car run over his legs and speed away as I cussed them out. They're lucky I didn't have my gun on me to shoot out their tires. (angry sarcasm) I came back to the scene only to see the vet take the dog in the ambulance, so I followed him down the freeway but no luck, it's morning rush hour. I keep praying that the dog makes it.

Many years back, I was driving 60 MPH through sage brush-dotted Texas prairie land at dawn, when a very large jackrabbit suddenly ran across the path of my car. Heard the bimpity-bump, in my rearview mirror saw what was left of the hare caterwahling into/along the shoulder of the road and, realizing what had just happened, had the shakes for another hour and half of driving. Still remember that gut-hollowing feeling to this day. I hate that animals sometimes have such lousy timing.

Hope you got the license of the second car and gave it to the police. That whole scenario is horrifying :puppyeyes:

I was unable to get the number, they drove off fast and I was kind of in shock looking at the dog. It was also still dusk before sunrise.

I had seen 2 dogs running down the road and I slowed down and let them get off. Then I got home a minute later and thought I should turn around and see if those dogs have a collar tag. That's when I found the dog in the road and the other one standing by him like he was trying to help. I feel like I should have just grabbed them in the first place and am blaming myself for the dogs misfortune.

It's not your fault Kenne ... you're a good guy for worrying about it. Obviously, not everyone would. :P I hope the vet was able to save him. If not, I hope he was able to quickly put the dog down, so he didn't suffer. At that point it may be the best you can hope for. :(

I hate it when you say to someone, "How ya doin'?", just as common courtesy...you know, like saying "Hi"...and then they proced to tell you EVERYTHING that's wrong medically or financially with them....and their wife....and their kids....and their uncle....and their cousins...and their dog....

Listen, pal, I'm out here just trying to have a smoke in peace. I don't really need to know that you have the gout, and that your uncle has herpes, and your wife's blood pressure is through the roof because she was eating too many salty foods last week, and now she may have to lose her left big toe because of the diabetes.

Oh, your son is gonna lose the trailer because he relapsed into crack abuse again and lost his job?! What a bummer! How about if I give you my house and everything in my wallet? Here are my car keys. Will that help you?

From now on, I'm only going to say "Hi" to people. I won't even say "What's up" anymore.

Hey, bud, I feel for you; I really do. But there's NOTHING I can do about it. We all have it bad. Now, would you go away so I can finish my smoke in peace. Thank you.

Okay, just one last thing....Can I bum a smoke off ya? :doh:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :mad:

I hate it when you say to someone, "How ya doin'?", just as common courtesy...you know, like saying "Hi"...and then they proced to tell you EVERYTHING that's wrong medically or financially with them....and their wife....and their kids....and their uncle....and their cousins...and their dog....

...that's why I rarely ask... :cool:

..and when asked, answer "OK... or you really want to know?"

It's almost as tedious as being called/referred to as a "friend" by a complete stranger. Example: I always introduce people whom I work with as "colleagues" and/or "acquaintances." I don't wanna be rude to some of these kids in front of others, but I feel like saying, "We are not friends" whenever someone makes that mistake :beatnik:

• 2 weeks later...