What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

Getting up early in the morning to go to work.

I don't care if I get up early in the morning to stay home writing or working here though...

Too good I only work in the morning some days a year... I usually come home from work at 10 pm, which isn't really funny either, but anyways...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it appears that at last, my girlfriend and I have approached an impasse. We're not going to be together anymore and we're working out details as to visitation rights for my son.

Kind of sucks, but neither of us could take it anymore. I just hope it won't be so hard on Nate...

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps the pressures of the baby and school and work were too much right now. It's possible that you two just need some extended time apart to figure things out. No matter what, remember that sweet little Nate comes first.

Thanks for reminding me it's time to complete the FAFSA's....again!

Well, if you're filling it out online at www.fafsa.gov, make sure you review the compatible browser list. I've been getting calls all week from people who are trying to use Google chrome to fill it out. It will let them get all the way to the end but won't let them sign. I love people who don't read the directions . . . it gives me job security.

Well, if you're filling it out online at www.fafsa.gov, make sure you review the compatible browser list. I've been getting calls all week from people who are trying to use Google chrome to fill it out. It will let them get all the way to the end but won't let them sign. I love people who don't read the directions . . . it gives me job security.

Thanks for the hint...this will be my 5th consecutive year completing the FAFSA and I have 5 more to go. Every year the result is the same; I make too much money to get any gov't help. I don't see that changing anytime soon and I suppose that's a good thing.

Well it appears that at last, my girlfriend and I have approached an impasse. We're not going to be together anymore and we're working out details as to visitation rights for my son.

Kind of sucks, but neither of us could take it anymore. I just hope it won't be so hard on Nate...

As long as you too put Nate first, and keep in mind that you are parents together (even if you aren't a couple), there's no reason why things shouldn't be fine. Kids are resiliant, and he won't have ever known another life. Better that the two of you realized this now, than later on, when it's harder on everyone.

I want to explain what 'broken feeling' means, but I have no idea :P

Thank you, mein freund... I was reading in the Ask a Songfactor thread... thank you again :bow: :bow:

It's poetry from Leonard Cohen's "Everybody Knows" (...everybody has that broken feeling like their father or their dog just died") It's, according my friends from british origin in Spain, just like feeling empty, strange, sad...

I love that expression. I'll use it in my speaches and thoughts... ;)

I've worked 12 hour days the past month and a half, I feel for you, bud. Not everyday, but every week at least 3 days + Saturday. And I also talk to idiots (add rude as well) so I completely empathize with you. :P But then there's paycheck .... :thumbsup:

I've been following the news stories about NewSouth books cramming their moral agenda down America's throat. For those who don't know, they've taken it upon themselves to release a "cleaned up" version of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. It has me so mad I can't see straight. What's next? Taking the penis jokes out of Shakespeare's Macbeth? Or making Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest a "woman in charge" instead of a ballcutter? I guess Holden in Catcher In The Rye will get his mouth washed out with soap as well.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

~George Orwell~

For those who don't know, they've taken it upon themselves to release a "cleaned up" version of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

I heard about this yesterday. They're saying it's because the use of the "N" word is so liberal, and back then it wasn't considered a bad word, I guess.

I agree with you, I'm mortified that ANYONE feels they have the right to "clean up" someone else's creative work. If that were to happen to all books (just for sake of argument) there wouldn't be a single book left on any shelf anywhere that hadn't been chopped up by someone who was offended by something in it.

Brings to mind Tipper Gore and her RIAA warnings for CDs. Although I actually feel that those warnings are beneficial, I don't feel any sort of creative work should be banned or changed/edited, period. People can decide for themselves whether or not they wish to partake of that particular item.

Maybe the Tipper Gore-type warnings could be put on books, as well... they could be "rated" just like movies are... that would alleviate the "need" to chop up someone's creation.