• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SHE'S A WITCH, FOR CHRISSAKES!!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :doh:

- Charmed: The unholy triumvirate of hotness - Holly Marie Combs, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Alyssa Milano. Alls that's missing is Neve Campbell...

- The Craft: Christine Taylor :googly: aaaaand, here she is, the incredible hottness that is Neve Campbell. There was also the black chick and even that really, really, reaaaally weird chick, Fairuza Balk.

- Sabrina, The Teenage Witch: Melissa Joan Hart (before she blew up to the size of a house).

- Teen Witch: Robyn Lively.

- Beetlejuice: Winona Ryder (she's not really a witch. She mostly dabbles in occult stuff for kicks).

- Sleepy Hollow: Christina Ricci :googly:

- The Wizard Of Oz: Glinda, the good witch.

- Bewitched: Elizabeth Montgomery and, later, Nicole Kidman.

- Bedazzled remake: Elizabeth Hurley (technically, she's not really a witch).

- Rose McGowan: She WOULD play a witch. She's just got that... that weird, creepy (yet, hot) witchy look.

- Teabagger representatives: Christine O'Donnell (hell, even failin' palin - once she puts on her face in the make-up room) :googly:

Witches are fairly well represented as having above-average looks :beatnik:

so long as we're talking about witches and what grinds our gears, I'll throw this in.

A couple of kids I know (well, they're 21... kids to me) have been taught by the church that they attend several times a week that paganism is evil. I tried to tell them, well, pagans actually began as just farmers, just people who wanted to live and let live. But no, they're being taught pagans were minions of the devil, and that Halloween also had its beginnings in evil.

The blatant ignorance of people confuses and irritates me to the point of distraction.

History of Paganism

xstain mythology is rife with crap like this. The paganism stuff they rail against is the least of it, but when the xstain God calls out for the death of anyone who makes even the most minute of transgressions (death for people who work on the Sabbath, death for anyone who believes in other Gods or doesn't believe in this God, death for anyone who has extramarital affairs, death for anyone who has premarital sex, etc.), then it becomes pretty obvious that xstain tenets are a buncha swill :beatnik:

so long as we're talking about witches and what grinds our gears, I'll throw this in.

A couple of kids I know (well, they're 21... kids to me) have been taught by the church that they attend several times a week that paganism is evil.  I tried to tell them, well, pagans actually began as just farmers, just people who wanted to live and let live.  But no, they're being taught pagans were minions of the devil, and that Halloween also had its beginnings in evil.

The blatant ignorance of people confuses and irritates me to the point of distraction.

History of Paganism

Ask them where their Easter traditions  (eggs, rabbits, etc.) came from. While you're at it, ask where the Christmas tree, Yule log, and a whole bunch of Christmas traditions came from.

Ooooh! And why are there so many examples of polytheism in the Bible. 

In Genesis it says that "they" created man in "their" image. And in the book of Job they refer to a "gathering of the heavenly bodies."

Just saying. Christianity has its roots in paganism. And if all pagans were minions of the devil and the early Hebrews were technically pagans, and Jesus was Jewish and Christians follow the teachings of Jesus . . . 

The belief in that nothing is real is what I'd consider the most practical religion or what-ever-you-may call it.

(faith, Fideism and Pistisism?)

Funny how faith is translated "false hope"

I'll borrow a quote from the philosophical mastermind of all-time: René Descartes; I think, therefore I exist (de onmibus dubitandum)

Just believe in nothing...it's quite substantial.

:cool:

- Charmed: The unholy triumvirate of hotness - Holly Marie Combs, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Alyssa Milano. Alls that's missing is Neve Campbell...

Jennifer Love Hewitt was never on Charmed. Shannen Doherty was and then when her character was killed off, Rose McGowan joined the cast.

Oh, my God... you're right! Jennifer Love Hewitt is the ghost whisperer. She's always been such a hottie. A medium gets a little more respect than a witch. Shannen Doherty warn't bad either, but there was no competition with Holly Marie and Alyssa. To be a witch, medium, pagan, and pretty much any kind of evil hotness, it's pretty much de rigueur to be a brunette :beatnik:

The belief in that nothing is real is what I'd consider the most practical religion or what-ever-you-may call it.

I'll borrow a quote from the philosophical mastermind of all-time: René Descartes; I think, therefore I exist

Just believe in nothing...it's quite substantial.

:cool:

Actually, even if you were to place your faith in science, some physical descriptions sometimes have to be taken on a leap of faith. I mean, every thing I see and know to exist was at one time compressed into a singularity. That's crazy! :cool:

It could be a lot worse, Kenne.

One of thousand examples would be when I was your age . . .

Let's see, cell phones weren't invented yet, a computer would occupy beyond 1000 square feet. In other words, they weren't invented, either.

The Internet?

That's hilarious for that time.

Back then, we did simple things; like being together...face to face.

But again, back then...the only thing to fuss about was whether or not the matchbook still had a decent head to light a cigarette.

(disposable lighters weren't invented yet).

It's not so much the technology that's a problem for me, it's how much I invested into this laptop that is now ruined.

You are roughly 20 years older than me. They had computers when you were my age, though they were pieces of s***.

The geek squad at the store said it would take 2 weeks to fix.

On the plus side, I managed to temp fix the problem with a USB external keyboard. :)

You are roughly 20 years older than me.

Kenne, if you are 30 then your statement is true.

Sorry about your laptop, I understand your frustration.

On the plus side, you made it work just using your own ingenuity!

That's a big plus, my friend!

Also, there weren't computers when I was your age. At least not how you perceive a computer that relies on a keyboard and monitor.

The computer when I was your age filled an entire room and needed a special floor system (plexiglass panels consisting of non-conductive seals and GFI wiring.)

There weren't chips yet, unless you consider "Ruffles." They've been around as long as I can remember and are great with sour cream and onion dip!

See, back then we had to look up things in a dictionary, it was a book, had a hard cover and real pages that you could touch and feel!...not to be confused with wiki and other.coms that have typical knowledge but not defined by human experience.

To me, a computer is a lot like Dr. Phil:

"After the commercial break, I'm'a gonner teach y'all about this new, unbelievable breakthrough that involves a strange, over-the-top chemical that can actually clean yer clothes!

It's this newfangled invention called:

"Detergent!"

It actually loosens surface tension thereby conducting alleviation of stains and boo-boos!

So, make sure you don't change the channel 'cause I'm'a gonner show y'all how to warsh linens and git 'em clean...the first time!

*the crowd goes wild and a standing ovation ensues . . .

The geek squad at the store said it would take 2 weeks to fix.

Kenne, have you heard of a computer place called Red Seven in Scottsdale? I used a Groupon I bought for them, and they cleared out my laptop, got all the viruses out, and re-loaded everything, and it took them all of a day. Before you surrender your laptop to the Geek Squad for 2 weeks, at least check them out. They seem to know their stuff.

Kenne, have you heard of a computer place called Red Seven in Scottsdale? I used a Groupon I bought for them, and they cleared out my laptop, got all the viruses out, and re-loaded everything, and it took them all of a day. Before you surrender your laptop to the Geek Squad for 2 weeks, at least check them out. They seem to know their stuff.

Scotsdale? That sounds expensive. :shifty:

I'll check them out though for a quote.