What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not necessarily a gear-grinding thing, but this conversation caught my interest, because:

Doing court transcripts I have noticed that the oath in many states no longer contains "So help you, God." However, in actual court today in Maricopa County, the oath given by the judge DID contain that statement. As an observer, I noticed that and wondered - almost out loud - if I would have said "no" had it been me taking it.

Not necessarily a gear-grinding thing, but this conversation caught my interest, because:

Doing court transcripts I have noticed that the oath in many states no longer contains "So help you, God." However, in actual court today in Maricopa County, the oath given by the judge DID contain that statement. As an observer, I noticed that and wondered - almost out loud - if I would have said "no" had it been me taking it.

I wouldn't have said no, but I would have stopped the bailiff at "nothing but the truth" or just not said "so help me God" and answered "yes, I will tell the truth" instead. I'm not religious and even in a court of law, where religion should be totally absent, I won't be forced to invoke the name of a deity before my testimony. If my own word that I will tell the truth is not enough, don't call me as a witness.

so long as we're talking about witches and what grinds our gears, I'll throw this in.

A couple of kids I know (well, they're 21... kids to me) have been taught by the church that they attend several times a week that paganism is evil. I tried to tell them, well, pagans actually began as just farmers, just people who wanted to live and let live. But no, they're being taught pagans were minions of the devil, and that Halloween also had its beginnings in evil.

The blatant ignorance of people confuses and irritates me to the point of distraction.

History of Paganism

Sure, there are cute witches! They can make themselves look however they want!

But this is what they REALLY look like under that fake exterior....

Yeah, just like the Grand High Witch in the 1990 film, "The Witches".

the_witches-anjelica_huston.jpg

^ Here is Anjelica Huston as the Grand High Witch:

v ...and here she is AFTER she strips her face off:

Click here if you dare! Ahhhh!!!

the_witches-grand_high_witch.jpg