What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I agree with TP. Be a total doucher for a week. See how that works. Nickname your body parts, gel your hair, view women as objects.

F**k it. Just become "The Situation". Paint yourself in cocoa butter or whatever the hell he dips himself in before every day, maybe it's batter, I don't know.

And THEN. You'll bag all kinds of chicks, party all the time and realize that the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long (Points to myself for the Blade Runner reference).

Or, you'll enjoy every minute of it. Who knows?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Ladder Theory... you must be aware of the rules of The Ladder Theory when it comes to interacting with girls :beatnik:

http://www.laddertheory.com/

I come from the future to say this: consider yourself fortunate to be young and without many responsibilities, except for being in school (i.e., no marriage, no kids, no underwater mortgage, etc.), so you are in an enviable/prime position to make distinctive and positive changes in yourself in order to discontinue wasting time by being yourself, the nice guy, the good guy, the safe guy, and pretty much be friend-zoned by every girl you meet. Don't make the mistake of waiting for a miracle to happen when you're older; make those changes now lest you want to regret it in your future when your chances and time become slimmer and shorter in the career/working/"real" world. Hell, burn paths and bridges if you have to.

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." (General George S. Patton)

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Penetrating-Secret-Society-Artists/dp/0060554738/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1286068634&sr=8-3

Well I was going to go to see The Tallest Man On Earth tonight. However my friend who was going to go with me dropped out, for the second concert in a row. His reasoning being that he didn't realize being in a frat would take over his life.

And no one, regardless of the fact that the ticket was free for them, could go with me. So I just wasted $15 on a ticket and I don't get to see one of my favorite musicians.

Awesome.

Well I was going to go to see The Tallest Man On Earth tonight. However my friend who was going to go with me dropped out, for the second concert in a row. His reasoning being that he didn't realize being in a frat would take over his life.

And no one, regardless of the fact that the ticket was free for them, could go with me. So I just wasted $15 on a ticket and I don't get to see one of my favorite musicians.

Awesome.

why do you need someone to go with you? Just go alone and maybe you'll meet someone! That's what I do when no one else can go see Roger with me... it's a blast anyway. :grin:

It sucks when people let one down by not prioritising and planning their time. I'd work on acquiring better acquaintances. I don't know how it is with everyone else, but, personally (and speaking from experience), I avoid going to social events on my own because it feels and looks weird - and everyone else around me notices that as well; it's embarrassing and takes away from the enjoyment of the event. I'd rather stay home and catch reruns of Lawrence Welk :beatnik:

5159DDD0E4L_SL500_AA240_.jpg

"Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was getting tired of being stared at." ~ Steve Martin as C.D. Bales in Roxanne

Hang on - someone in this conversation didn't go see their favourite band because they didn't want to go ALONE? I see how 'favourite' they are :P

I go to shows on my own fairly often because - hey - I go for the music, not for the company.

A friend of mine makes a 1.5 hour drive into the city to catch a 2 hour set played by a handful of local bands on the weekend then makes the 1.5 hour drive back or crashes at a friend's in the city. She doesn't care she's alone, she loves the music.

Yer, we're both girls too, and not scared of the dark.