What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my poor baby boy! Took him to the dentist today for an examination/x-rays and a cleaning. They wound up filling 5 - count 'em, 5 - cavities and pulling a lingering baby tooth. His entire face is numb.

And then they tell him he's gotta have his wisdom teeth out as soon as the insurance approves it. :puppyeyes:

On a good note, though, he insisted we go by the store to get him his very own bag of Plackers, which I've been trying to get him to use for years now.

Oh, teeth and dentists!! :doh: God was wrong when he created them... the first ones are much too fragile and the second ones are much too greedy... :stars:

Smokers bother me too.

For instance, the spanish guy I maried some 15 years ago

:/

He still smokes, and a lot... mainly when he works on his designs and books... :stars: which is NOW.

I got pulled over last night for "braking" without cause, since no other cars were on the road. I know I did it because I was trying to find a road sign and getting ready to turn. I was lucky to not get a ticket and to pass the breathalyzer (I had just left the pub). As I left the scene I caught up with the same young cop and saw him pull over another driver for no apparent reason. I think this cop is a rookie and likes his new power of being able to pull people over for anything he wants.

Or he could be looking for a DUI arrest. Drunk drivers (or tired drivers) will do all sorts of things that call attention to themselves, including driving slowly or braking suddenly when there is no obvious reason to brake. It happens to me when I am tired. I sometimes think I see something running across the road and it causes me to want to brake. It usually scares the piss out of me and gives me a nice adrenaline high for the rest of the ride home.

Was the cop a dick or unprofessional to you? Do you know why he pulled over the other car? It is his job to pull over cars and, if he has a legitimate reason to do so, whats the problem? Perhaps there have been complaints about drunk drivers leaving the pub, or there have been accidents. My department does not prohibit hanging out near bars to pop DUI's, but I have never known anyone to do that.

I cant say he was not, as you put it, "Power hungry" but he sounds like he was out doing his job and doing proactive police work instead of just sitting around waiting for an accident call.

I've talked to my nephew about seeing cops zipping by for apparently no reason. He says you never know - maybe they're on a call or some such thing. So I'm thinking the same goes for a cop pulling someone over: there are lots of reasons why it happens that the average folk don't see... such as running a plate and finding something amiss (outstanding warrant, stolen, numerous things). So I have just learned to not question it. :beatnik:

Or he could be looking for a DUI arrest. Drunk drivers (or tired drivers) will do all sorts of things that call attention to themselves, including driving slowly or braking suddenly when there is no obvious reason to brake. It happens to me when I am tired. I sometimes think I see something running across the road and it causes me to want to brake. It usually scares the piss out of me and gives me a nice adrenaline high for the rest of the ride home.

Was the cop a dick or unprofessional to you? Do you know why he pulled over the other car? It is his job to pull over cars and, if he has a legitimate reason to do so, whats the problem? Perhaps there have been complaints about drunk drivers leaving the pub, or there have been accidents. My department does not prohibit hanging out near bars to pop DUI's, but I have never known anyone to do that.

I cant say he was not, as you put it, "Power hungry" but he sounds like he was out doing his job and doing proactive police work instead of just sitting around waiting for an accident call.

I'm sure it was just a DUI check, that really seemed to be the only thing he was getting at. I'm glad I only drank one big beer and left.

I was only braking because I needed to see the street name signs on the way and keep my speed at a minimum (my Mustang gets fast even without much acceleration).

He wasn't really mean or anything, just sounded like he was rehearsing his lines or still in training and couldn't have been older than 23, so I assumed he was new.

I'm tired of being the "safe" guy.

Are you sure you didn't mean to say your tired of being the guy that knows what "respect" means?

That seems to be a lacking quality in a lot of guys these days. The unsafe guys can't quite define the word let alone practice it ;)

I'm tired of being the "safe" guy.

Don't be tired of it. Right now it may seem like a drag but when you get older, like closer to 30 or at least out of college, you'll come to realize that the quality women, the ones you want to spend time with, appreciate that about you.

Trust me. You're a good guy and you should stay a good guy.

I dunno, sometimes I feel like I'm the stereotypical gay friend, except for that I'm not gay.
th

You're 20. Most girls your age don't know what the %#&! they want. They're mostly sorority skanks who are looking to rebel against mommy and daddy by being as outrageous as possible and dating the most obnoxious, douchetastic men they can find.

So yeah, they're not looking for guys like you. However, screw 'em. Figuratively of course, I'm sure you don't want to catch herpes or the clap from any of them. When you're older, hopefully they will have grown up and they'll be tired of the douchebags and they'll want a man like you.