Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bit my freakin tongue.... :mad:

That's gotta hurt but excuse me for tasting a kinky side to that.

:cool:

Besides, a frowning emoticon doesn't quite match your sweet personality.

But, I'm a Ravens fan so you're well into your objective opinion.

I've always been an avid bird watcher,,, Cardinals, Falcons, Eagles and, well, Ravens.

Birds are nice. I mean, who in this world doesn't wish they could fly?

Laurie, I adore you.

So... I'm at the Humane Society tonight picking up Jeff's cat from being neutered, when in walks some loudmouth dork asking questions about the cost of getting his female chow an abortion, because his male dachsund(sp?) got her pregnant, and "that's not a good mix."

THEN he asks where can he adopt a female dachsund, because he's "got to get Pork Chop a girl." To which I said out loud, "Or, just get him fixed." He glared at me and walked out the door.

The mentality of so many men I've run across that it's unbearable to think about getting their male pet neutered - but there's no problem getting the female spayed - is just beyond me. If you're a responsible pet owner, you get them BOTH altered. Idiot.

Our male Golden is the only one we don't have altered but thats because DH wanted to breed him. He's a papered pure bred with championship blood lines. We decided not to but the reasons are kinda complicated so I won't go into it.

DH told me to have either the male or the female fixed but by the time he decided to do it I felt it would be easier to have the female spade. Older females recover easier then an older male does. Tank never has any "in season" females anywhere around so he's fine :D

Even tho we live in the country we always have our animals altered. Cats, dogs, horses, goats ect. unless we intend to breed. It's cruel not to IMHO.

beyond the responsible pet thing, though, it seems that same mentality extends to people - at least historically it has been the woman's "job" to not get pregnant, i.e. supply/be on/use birth control, because (too many) men either refuse to get themselves "fixed," to use protection, and/or take responsibility when neither party does so, and the burden is left to her.

:soapbox: (stepping down)

Ahhhh... men. Thats a whole different ballgame. 95% of them should be neutered :couch: :laughing:

Women have always been left with the total responsibility of most anything men would rather not deal with or feel responsible for themselves and I doubt that will change any time soon.