What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I also use Fire Fox. My pages load quite fast. FF also fixed a lot of other problems I was having with my PC that was making me want to pitch it out the window.

Whats grinding my gears (still) is reading a list of the 10 worst bands ever a few days ago that had ELP on it :beady:

I know, I know, I should just get over it. Everyone's intitled to their opinions even if they do stink :smirk:

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked ELP when I was young... I just don't listen to them anymore but they are an important chapter in music, no doubt...

I have Firefox and IE in the PC, I only use Firefox. I also have Safari in the mac and it really takes time to load...

I read that list in Blender years ago, I was quite surprised to see them so high at #2. The Doors were also on there, but the rest of the list I agreed with.

Blender's 50 Worst Artists Ever

2 EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

Welcome back, my friends, to the second-worst band in history!

“Boasting†former members of the Nice, King Crimson and — yes! — Atomic Rooster, the less-than-super ’70s supergroup ELP shunned blues-based rock in favor of bombastically reinterpreted classical works — with bewilderingly successful results. A nightmarish enough proposition on record, the Brit trio’s live shows were peppered by interminable solo spots, including a 20-minute drum workout by Carl Palmer that ended with him ringing a cowbell held between his teeth.

Appalling fact Singer-bassist Greg Lake performed on a $10,000 Persian rug that roadies vacuumed before every show.

Worst CD Love Beach (Rhino, 1978)

All I can say as far as Blender is concerned is, they can kiss my butt too. They stink as bad as Listverse if they are so narrow minded where ELP is concerned.

If ELP sucks so very bad, why are those three members in the top five for best keyboards, drummer, vocalist/lyricist of all time on almost any other list?

Sorry if I rant about it but ELP are in my top five groups of all time. If those morons that make those moronic lists, are so shallow and unable to hear, who am I to disagree with the experts?

Edited by Guest

Why do you care, Lea? Everybody would range Leonard Cohen among the Top Depressive 5 and I cdon't care... .cool:

ELP are one of great bands in rock hitory, you may like them or not but they are. Genesis is considerated among some of the best bands too and I hate them. Same for Jethro Tull. No problemo...

People still call me on saturday nights to go out and go to bars or concerts and have fun at parties, etc... :P It's great to have so many good friends but they should know by now that I never go out on saturday night. It's crowded. I don't like crowded places... home is the best place to be on a saturday night... :cool:

Spain is an amazing place to live... :grin: Fiesta!!!! :cool:

People still call me on saturday nights to go out and go to bars or concerts and have fun at parties, etc... :P It's great to have so many good friends but they should know by now that I never go out on saturday night. It's crowded. I don't like crowded places... home is the best place to be on a saturday night... :cool:

Spain is an amazing place to live... :grin: Fiesta!!!! :cool:

Send 'em o'er my way. I live somewhere akin to a Californian Wuthering Heights, so I gots solutide in spades. It'd be great to have someone to play dominoes with on a Saturday night :beatnik:

Thomas_Riley.jpg

Had to surrender my cat of 8 years to the Humane Society a little bit ago. :( It was a tough decision for me and I practically had to hold back my sadness and go through with it. She just wouldn't use the litter box and relieved herself on the carpet, bed or any other fabric and was also extremely mean to me and the other kitten. I hope they can find her a home and not have to resort to euthanization.

yes, it's sad that the one cat has been around for a long time, then a new little one comes in and the older one is the one that gets put out.

Some animals don't adapt to having another invade what has been their territory for many years. Cat's brains are only 8 ounces on average - no ability to reason. :puppyeyes:

Our older cat hates our new addition. She hisses and spits at her every time Kitty gets within spitting distance. We just make sure our little Stray cat gets a lot of extra attention ;)

I couldn't imagine getting rid of our older cat. It would kill her. The kitten would go before she would.

I couldn't imagine getting rid of our older cat. It would kill her. The kitten would go before she would.

My older cat only has a few years left anyways, I'd rather not deal with the stress of her dying in my home later on anyways. I had to get rid of her because she wasn't using her litter box and has always been mean to me, whereas the kitten has a long life ahead of her and is always sweet to me, behaves, uses her litter box and doesn't try to run away whenever the door is opened.

Edited by Guest

Have you seen this site, Mr. Turtle? At least you can laugh at them whilst being annoyed with the term.

HA! Though I am annoyed with the word, that made me laugh. We just need something new to call them. But, I guess that wouldn't work because then that would get overused until something new comes along.

"Hipster" is the new "emo"