What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I love summer time concerts... .cool: I don't like to go out when it's cold.

In fact, it's cold in madrid at nights, mainly at dawn. My husband leaves the windows open so I wake up at 5 am or so and have to get a blanket... and close the windows, cause that's the time the Dominicans leave the Latin disco there is at some 300 mtrs from my place, screaming and laughing like there's no one else on earth... I mean, everybody's sleeping and they wake up everybody. Fiesta!! They'll get a bucket of water on their ugly heads one day... or worse... :P

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back home lawn tickets were pretty much always 25 bucks as well, for a top level show. But I prefer the lawn, so that was fine with me. I've not been to any outdoor concerts here that have lawn seating available, so I don't know about Cali.

Damn, where do you guys go to concerts?

I paid $50 to see Leonard Cohen and those were lawn seats. Typically at Merriweather, lawn seats are on average around $30-35. If it's someone big (such as Leonard Cohen) they can be more. But the fact that Merriweather was doing a concert of MGMT, Devendra Banhart and Violens for $25 lawn seats, to me, was quite awesome.

In a related note, The Avett Brothers are coming to the Pier Six Pavilion in Baltimore. Sadly, being that the tickets are around $30 (for lawn seats), I cannot afford them :(

This isn't necessarily a gear-grinder, but it's creepier than Mama Peaches wanting to snug Rocky(?) into her bosom. :laughing:

Tonight at my son's basketball practice, one of the dads of one of a kid on his team, who was proabably about my age, and who was wearing a pair of jeans cut-off shorts (very weird for the southwest), was desperately trying - and blatantly failing - to disguise his "glances" at a young girl no more than 14 who was wearing a tank top and tight shorts.

I tried to convince myself that that's exactly the kind of attention she wanted, but she looked remarkably innocent despite her attire, and he looked just like a nasty, disgusting old guy drooling over a child. Ugh.

This isn't necessarily a gear-grinder, but it's creepier than Mama Peaches wanting to snug Rocky(?) into her bosom. :laughing:

Tonight at my son's basketball practice, one of the dads of one of a kid on his team, who was proabably about my age, and who was wearing a pair of jeans cut-off shorts (very weird for the southwest), was desperately trying - and blatantly failing - to disguise his "glances" at a young girl no more than 14 who was wearing a tank top and tight shorts.

I tried to convince myself that that's exactly the kind of attention she wanted, but she looked remarkably innocent despite her attire, and he looked just like a nasty, disgusting old guy drooling over a child. Ugh.

I'd have stood in front of or near the girl and leered back at the guy, maybe wave at him :beatnik: However, her parents are irresponsible and unprotective for allowing their daughter to wear inappropriate attire to gather negative attention. It's not a she was asking for it mentality, but if you play with fire, you get burned.

The gross thing about it is the fact the guy is more than twice her age. If she was being stared at by another 14 year old boy, well....14 year old boys are going to stare at 14 year old girls, regardless of what the girls are wearing. I doubt anyone would have thought twice if the guy's son was staring at her instead of him. Maybe the coach would have had a problem with it since he wouldn't be focused on practice, but that's about it.

Furthermore, I don't see anything wrong with what the girl was wearing. It's not her problem or fault that there are lecherous men out there who prey on young girls. She could have been wearing a parka and snow pants and some creep would have been staring at her, no doubt. Women show more skin at the beach than she probably did in the outfit she was wearing -- should we outlaw bikinis for anyone under 18?

A female of any age should be able to wear what they want when out of their home without fear that they are getting leered at by anyone. That doesn't mean I think people should go around naked or with body parts hung out but a tank top and shorts? This girl is not to blame for anything.

The guy sounds like a potential predator to me and someone should be watching him.

Women show more skin at the beach than she probably did in the outfit she was wearing

I've always wondered about this myself. A man or women dressed in a bathing suit is fine even being seen on TV or magazines or even on sports shows. But if your shorts are to short or your shirt is to short, people are shocked. I've always thought it was odd.

I guess it all just boils down to the old saying of a time and place for everything ;)

Yes, there is a time and a place for everything. If a person's oblivious/stupid enough to think they can wear whatever they want, whenever they want, then I invite them to wear red colours around the Hollenbeck area of Los Angeles. If the local hoods decide to bust a cap on their arse, then alls I'd say to that would be, "Told ya so." Same rule applies with chicks wearing inappropriate, revealing, and/or suggestive clothing. You wanted attention? Now you got it :beatnik: