What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

Thanks everyone for your words and good wishes. It looks like 85% of this place is gone and those left are not being treated very well regarding their new responsibilities as well. The more I talk to people the more I think that I'm one of the lucky ones.

Kind of how they say "The living will envy the dead" after a nuke. I am sure you will land on your feet and get an even better job because you will have a nice tan and be well rested!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Know what grinds my gears?

F***ing women. Specifically my girlfriend. She has stated that if I look the way I look (long hair, khaki shorts) in like 5 years, she will leave me. Because of the way I look. Apparently she doesn't want to look like she's "raising another kid" because apparently I will look like a child to her and she said she doesn't want to deal with that. So she said she would leave me.

Am I the only person who thinks this is superficial and moronic?

How many "wisdom" teeth get the C4 treatment? My older sister and I have short mandibles that forced BOTH sets of wisdom teeth into the "crowns forward" position. An oral surgeon's attention was required, which was expensive and more involved than the usual "grab/twist/yank." Here's hoping you don't need more wisdom after the extras are gone.

F***ing women. Specifically my girlfriend. She has stated that if I look the way I look (long hair, khaki shorts) in like 5 years, she will leave me. Because of the way I look. Apparently she doesn't want to look like she's "raising another kid" because apparently I will look like a child to her and she said she doesn't want to deal with that. So she said she would leave me.

I don't agree with the statement but don't be so quick to get upset with her. She may not really feel that strongly about your look but is being held hostage by her hormones. Pregnant women are absolutely crazy and out of their minds. She could be fine one minute and either crying or throwing objects at your head the next. Dude, she's got a person walking around inside of her. Wouldn't that make you insane?

It is your job to not take anything she says personally and to do everything you can to keep her calm and happy. It's like in The Exorcist. Little Regan didn't really mean to spew obscenities at the priests. It was the devil inside her.

She hasn't really shown you ridiculous yet. She's not far enough along for that real crazy to show up. Just hold on and try to stay calm. It won't last forever I promise.

Try to gently tease her out of it. It always worked on me ;) If that fails just agree with whatever she comes up with and remember she may change her mind again in the time it took me to type this :laughing:

Oh what a day:

I) My dog got behind the computer desk and decided to treat EVERY wire like a chew toy.

II) My flash drive crapped out before I got a chance to back it up, thus losing A LOT of photo work

III) The AC in my car decided to quit, along with the power steering

IV) Someone stole a library book from me, so now I have to pay to replace it

and of course

V) I lost my custom made, engraved Green Lantern ring.

oh, gotta add

VII)My boss found it fitting to listen to ABBA all freaking day.

Yea I know. I was angry when I wrote that. Had just gotten off the phone with her.

Still though. I thought it was a little ridiculous. But oh well I guess.

Rocky, this is an issue of a need for security. She is appropriately testing to see how far you are willing to go in denouncing self and devoting all you have to your new family. She's committed to carrying a baby, after all. She just wants to be sure you are committed enough to be a responsible father. There will be much of this in various fashion until you have a home and the secure comforts therein. Until then, the best you can do is to let her know how much you love her and make as strong an effort as you possibly can toward every task at hand that secures your young family's future.

Work hard. Be honest. Love much and you will be just fine.

If all it takes to solve this matter is a haircut and some Dockers flat fronts, then I think it's a non-issue in light of the fact you're going to be starting a family. If I was 19 and in her situation, I'd be horrified of a person who doesn't look as if they can get their s*** together... and I consider meself quite the enfant terrible/immature lout. Don't make waves when you're steeped to your chin in it.

But, hey, mebbe that's why I've been really, really, reeeeeally unlucky with chicks: I actually choose the path of least resistance by caring about what they have to say and committing to it :beatnik:

Of course it's superficial (I wouldn't use the word moronic around her right now). It's also 5 years away. In 5 years, it's safe to say that you'll be starting or already embroiled in your career of choice, and that career will probably go a long way towards dictating your appearance. Don't fight or get worked up over something that may or may not happen 5 years from now ..... at this point, just say yes dear, of course. At least if you're smart that's what you'll say. :D

I am short... and for every inch below average, my chances of dating the girls I want to date decrease exponentially :beatnik:

:laughing:

I have some friends who are short and they have the most beautiful women you could fancy... my dad was shorter than my mother; my father-in-law was shorter than my mother-in-law; Short guys must have something that makes them irresistible. Maybe they try harder to please? :cool:

Don't lose your faith, in case you still have any... :beatnik:

:laughing:

I have some friends who are short and they have the most beautiful women you could fancy... my dad was shorter than my mother; my father-in-law was shorter than my mother-in-law; Short guys must have something that makes them irresistible. Maybe they try harder to please? :cool:

Don't lose your faith, in case you still have any... :beatnik:

I don't try harder at all. I just do what comes naturally to me. One time, I thought I was witty and clever when I came up with the phrase "laughing and forgetting." Then I found out Milan Kundera wrote a whole book on it... and I laughed :beatnik:

Are you trying to get the man killed?!?

Haha I have to tread lightly.

I was just mad when I wrote that. Guess it was more venting really than anything. I figured she didn't mean it. And I guess at the time I hadn't contributed it to what we may call "preggo-anger". I was just angry, but we've gotten over it.

I don't try harder at all. I just do what comes naturally to me. One time, I thought I was witty and clever when I came up with the phrase "laughing and forgetting." Then I found out Milan Kundera wrote a whole book on it... and I laughed :beatnik:

Oh, yes, I had my Kundera trip some 20 years ago... I read everything he had written by then... Now I feel better... :cool:

BA, maybe you should try harder then... short guys rule! Have you noticed about Vincent Gano (Violent Femmes)? He's so small and so sexy!! :cool: