What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I sat on one of my cats a couple of times... she's so small and black, you don't even notice there's a cat, you think it's just cushions... or you don't expect her to be sleeping on the black leather chair in front of the computer... and they're not supposed to be under the blanket ON the matress :stars: :laughing:

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the news isn't good folks.....out of 8 of us in my group, 6 of us are out, including me. The good thing is I have a lot of time in so I am getting very good severance. Also, my husband is still employed and his job is secure, so we will be OK.

I get to be here another week...basically doing nothing but saying goodbye and cleaning out my desk and taking anything that's not nailed down :). There have already been phone calls and e-mails and some kind words.....I'm not a cryer, but there will be tears before I'm out of here.

The people left standing are not happy campers, so they probably did me a favor. I will get the rest of the summer off and best of all, I get to be there to put my daughter on the bus for her first day of 1st grade. She went to a private kindergarten, so there was no bus, so this is a big deal. If I would have been kept, I'd be commuting and would have missed that. You cannot put a price on moments like that.

Bummer. I don't know if you liked your work, but I see it as a functionality that serves to buy/afford one time with family and friends. If you had been forced to commute and spend more time doing twice the amount of work (due to the cut backs), then it's not serving its intended purpose. I think it was for the better; it will get better.

Thanks everyone for your words and good wishes. It looks like 85% of this place is gone and those left are not being treated very well regarding their new reponsibilities as well. The more I talk to people the more I think that I'm one of the lucky ones.

One more week and then I can report to my new boss, Mr. Beach Chair!

What a shock I just found out (minutes ago) that I no longer have a job either. Granted it wasn't much of a job only three hours a week three days a week but still...

I liked it because it forced me out of my house instead of allowing me to become a complete hermit ;)

Jenny at this time in your daughters life it's really great that you get the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. Most women these days haven't been able to do that. When kids start going to school full time is when you'll probably want to go back to work so enjoy it while you can.

I became a school volenteer and loved it :D