What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been noticing this girl shouting out abuses at random unnamed people on Facebook, for reasons known only to her. she'd say 'you crazy ugly loon, stop eating up my space' with thousand angry smileys added. then she'd also say 'you suck, you loser'

When you read this, whats your immediate reaction? I stop to think, is that me she's talking about? Frankly!

And it's pretty annoying to keep reading such posts. Well I deleted her from my list cos recently she posted 'I must definitely enroll for anger management classes' accompanied with sarcastic tones and evil grins. tch tch. I get headaches.

Edited by Guest
No spam links, please.

My own frustrating habit of not putting CDs and DVDs back in the right cases. Today I ended up having to backtrack through three DVD cases and two CD cases just to find the DVD I was looking for. If only I was OCD...

I got my arse kicked by my own OCD when the shelves that my music collection rests on fell right on me - thousands of cds and videos came crashing. My OCD went into overdrive to the point where I didn't feel any pain from the bits of broken plastic stuck to my skin. There was probably about a thousand dollars worth of damage if I were to want to replace the stuff back to how it was... but I won't. I'll just have to live with damaged discs and cases :beatnik:

I did go out and buy new blank cases for some of those cds, but a few of the damaged cases were special packaging or coloured cases (Ryko made a few of them! UGH!). Those cds I'd have to buy again at full price or at rip-off prices if they're outta print (some Korean and Japanese cds were irreplaceable since they were on a short-run). I figure this is too big to sweat over. I can't spend hundreds of dollars. I'll just have to live with damaged goods and deal with the occasional OCD attack as I encounter broken case after broken case :beatnik:

I got my arse kicked by my own OCD when the shelves that my music collection rests on fell right on me - thousands of cds and videos came crashing. My OCD went into overdrive to the point where I didn't feel any pain from the bits of broken plastic stuck to my skin. There was probably about a thousand dollars worth of damage if I were to want to replace the stuff back to how it was... but I won't. I'll just have to live with damaged discs and cases :beatnik:

Arrghhh that sucks!

I take my OCD comment back anyway. I don't want to be OCD, I just wish certain people with OCD tendencies would chill a little.

And by that I mean my new flatmate who left a two page note stuck to the fridge with calculations and detailed instructions on how we can split up the costs of cleaning products to the exact cent over a 3 month period. Is taking turns to buy stuff when it runs out really that difficult?! grrrrr :beady:

I'm liable to do that. If there is something I feel is important - no matter how minute and trivial it is to the rest of the world - I will obsess. Hahahah. Example: I just got promoted to a new position where I am being trained to process some paperwork. On the side of some forms, I have to write down the serial number; the serial number is usually written using dashes in between numbers... um, I don't use dashes. In fact, I avoid dashes because I'm unable to make them all the same length and align them properly. Therefore, I use periods. Well, turns out the other guy in the dept. who processes these forms ain't quite fond of change either! HHAHHahAhah. He is even more dysfunctionally obsessive compulsive about this junk, and we ended up discussing the matter of the dashes and the periods for about 30 minutes. I mean, for f***'s sake, lemme do the g*dd*mn periods already. It looks neater. I don't give a damn if some idiots get them confused with dates (there are more people who use dashes for dates than periods anyway!). I had to breathe and count to ten. This guy will come in handy later on and he will save my skin if s*** hits the fan, so I have to keep him happy, but as soon as this foo' retires, we're going with periods! Mwahahahahha :cool:

Edited by Guest
"contrary to popular opinion, God's last name is not 'damn.'" ~ Anonymous

Going out to the night portion of a combat marksmanship range and once it's time to head back, a comm boot says that someone stole his field jacket out of his pack when we were all firing. So we all dump our packs, and have a staff NCO check us to make sure that none of us have it. This took about an extra hour (so now it's 0200 instead of 0100), only to find that once we get back to the barracks (around 0300), what does he find sitting on his foot locker... HIS FIELD JACKET. This is the same moron that claims to have had a canteen and his camelback stolen as well, despite the fact that nobody else had anything stolen from them. God, I hate boots.

And speaking of boots, it REALLY grinds my gears when somebody vandalizes a pair of boots with profanity. The same pair of boots that I bought for more than 100 dollars, over a year ago, and have kept them in like-new condition. If I find out who did it, I probably won't be on here anymore, to say the least.

Well, said Boot should not go around accusing his fellow solders of being thieves all the time for sure. Somehow I don't think that will make him many points.

As for your boots, you sure their worth getting in major trouble over. There's always other ways of getting even and no one be the wiser except maybe the perpetrator :angel:

Edited by Guest

I might should have. Our last family member that was a servicemen was a Marine.

He had a lot of stories to tell. I think he is still a reserve. Now that I think about it, one of my uncles boys and his daughter-in-law are in the service and have been for years.

I think they are Navy but I'm just not sure.

Edited by Guest