What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really need to stop watching the morning news. It's getting to the point where I'm so P***** by the time I get through my first cup of coffee, I just want to scream at somebody.

That oil spill has me so upset I can't even put it into words :beady:

I just don't feel like their doing enough. DH fixed high pressure leaks when I first started dating him and says one of the first things they should have tried was cutting and capping that pipe. He said a bunch of other technical stuff I won't post here but it sounds like a better plan then anything they've tried so far.

And another thing, why the hell aren't they using tankers to try to suck more of that crap up!! It sure wouldn't make a God awful situation worse :mad:

Maybe our children or grandchildren or great grandchildren ect. will be able to figure it out :puppyeyes:

^^ :D

That oil spill has me so upset I can't even put it into words

Me too. And it's really beginning to bother me that the media continues to call this a spill. It's not a spill. The word spill indicates something with defined edges, something finite, that can be cleaned up. It's a leak, a geyser, a gusher, an ongoing situation. We passed spill a while back. :P

^^ :D

Me too. And it's really beginning to bother me that the media continues to call this a spill. It's not a spill. The word spill indicates something with defined edges, something finite, that can be cleaned up. It's a leak, a geyser, a gusher, an ongoing situation. We passed spill a while back. :P

Adding insult to injury, they keep referring to this catastrophe as "unprecedented" when it's happened at other times before. Just look at the Niger delta. You gotta have a sense of humour when you hear some poor fool say, "But we need bp because we can't possibly rely on getting oil from Iran/our enemy."

First, bp became rich because of Iranian oil. Second, in the 50s when the Iranian leader proposed nationalising Iranian oil, bp's cash cow was threatened; bp turned to the US for help with talks of "communist threats in Iran," the CIA deposed their leader (i.e., what we now refer to as regime change) and instated the Shah... and bp enjoyed a coupla more decades of unprecedented profits. However, the Shah became the picture of the extent of Western Imperialism to the people over there (and they were right). This fomented the ire for what was to become the Iranian Revolution. Hahahah. Guess what? Iran became our enemy because of bp! The real kicker is that never in a radical islamist's wildest dreams could they ever device and execute evil of the magnitude of the Gulf Of Mexico catastrophe. With swine such as bp, shell, and exon by our side, who needs boogeymen out there in the distant sands and mountains of Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan? We should be sending some of those drone airplanes above the houses of bp execs and the govt. regulators who approved of this mess. Heh. You gotta have a sense of humour and see this for the divine comedy that it turned out to be :beatnik:

Thats a bummer. I hope it's not to messed up :(

I've had that happen to me and my daughter has had her new car hit three times now by hit and runs. Doesn't seem to matter where she parks it they always seem to find her :puppyeyes:

Oh, trust me. I am. Who ever decided to hit my car and take off without so much as leaving a name or number, had better hope I don't find out they did it. If they would have simply left a note saying "Hey, my name's XXXX and I hit your car. My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. I'd like to talk to you so we can resolve this," I'd be perfectly fine with it. That's what the last person did, and it made things a lot smoother. Since he had the decency to man up to his mistake, I was a lot more pleasant. Not so much this time.

I would, but there's two (2) reasons that are preventing me from that.

Reason one - I don't know who it was.

Reason two - If I did know who it was and I did beat said ass, I'd get in quite a bit of trouble. Modern Marines can't seem to take an ass-kicking when they deserve it without crying to their congressman.

so here's my rambling thought... I went to youtube to watch Amanda Palmer's video "Oasis," where I got engrossed in reading the comments where people are going at each other's throats about what the song means. So I decide I'm going to post a comment to tell them to come to SF and read my interview, where she describes in detail what the song is about.

I try to post my comment with a link to the interview, and it won't allow it. So I remove the link, change the comment up a bit, and post it. Then I re-read it and realize that I just spammed youtube. :shocked: And I hastily removed my comment.

But it's grinding my gears that it's a perfect place for these dorks to resolve their uneducated thoughts, and I can't tell them. :mad: :mad:

You cant save everyone, Shawna.....

The song With Or Without You comes on the radio in the car, and hubby decides to change the station and says "I can't stand U2"...and I say "I like that song"...so he changes it back for me which was nice....but then proceeds to analyze the lyrics and makes comments....and I said "no, that's not what he means in that line"...and then I said "I know, because Songfacts said so, so there".... :content:

I got pulled over and ticketed for the first time last night for making a right turn as the light had turned red and failing to make a complete stop. I was trying to beat the yellow light and hurry before traffic was about to go. I had to take about 4 sobriety tests, and failed two of the exercises though I hadn't a drop to drink because of how nervous i was for being a first timer. I passed the Breathalyzer fine though. Now I have the choice of paying $250 before my court date or taking a driving course.

Edited by Guest