What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I have sun poisoning on the top of my right foot. I went to Wrightsville Beach with my sister on Friday and I thought I slathered on enough SPF 90+, but I guess I didn't. :-\ I never leave the house without putting it on my face, neck and arms since I tend to burn easily, even though I'm not that fair-skinned.

I had a great time, regardless. :D

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That doesn't happen all the time. My sister got sun poisoning on her back when she went to Jacksonville on Spring Break a couple of years ago and didn't get sick. She just has to be extra careful in the sun now, because she will always burn there if she doesn't have nearly a tube of sunscreen slathered on.

I'm fine -- it's more annoying than anything else.

We found a wounded swift (the little bird)on the street... it seemed like he had a broken wing and the cars were passing by and he was desperatly trying to move, he finally could hide under a parked car... then my husband took him in his hand and saw the feathers were just twisted or so... we brought it home, gave him some water and put him in a box, we called some place where they try to heal those little birds, brought the bird there and we are feeling better now... I just hope this little bird will live. I

You and hubby are very good people...of course I already knew this...but needed to tell you again and again... :P

People that dump poor innocent animals in the middle of freaking nowhere are grinding my gears right now.

DH and I just spent about three hours on a country road looking for a little kitten some idiot dumped off.

If your going to be so low class to do something like that, at least do it somewhere close to humans so it has half a chance of someone taking it in, not a place that is miles from anything even resembling a house :beady:

Stupid, stupid people :susel:

No. We couldn't find it :puppyeyes:

There was a young women walking the road and we think she was looking for it too. A lot of people around here try to retrieve abandoned animals when they see them. I don't think she found it either tho.

We almost always take that road when we go to my moms or the small city close to her, so we'll keep our eyes open.

It was a cute little thing. I don't understand why people do stuff like that. It really PMO :beady:

did you see someone do it? If you did, did you get their license plate #? You could report them.

I remember once when I was in high school, driving down the main road in our town (which is 4 lanes and a middle turn lane), a girl had stopped her car in the middle turn lane to pick up a kitten that someone had driven by and thrown out. She said she saw it happen and pulled over right away.

What I don't get is why do that when there are humane societies everywhere and it costs nothing to drop off an unwanted animal?