What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

Thanks, I'm still etchy and scarred and even a little spooked this afternoon.

I just bought several new clothes in the past couple months, I lost about a hamper's worth, but at least I'm still alive. If I had been sleeping I never would've made it out of there alive as the fire was in front of my door.

I've always been very lucky with this kinda thing, I have always woken up at the least smell of smoke. Light in my eyes does the same. It makes me wide awake.

I have been in the position of sleeping through three fires in mylife time and have always woken up and sounded the alarm. Knock on wood.

MC!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! YOU KNOW BETTER!!! BATTERIES ARE NOT THAT EXPENSIVE!!!

You think it would be ok with us if you burnt to death because you neglected to buy batteries :stars:

Not acceptable :/

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two words; Oleoresin Capsicum.

Otherwise known as OC spray. It's like pepper spray if pepper spray could do steroids. A little comparison: Standard pepper spray has an artificial heat rating of about 1 million to 2 million SHU (Scoville Heat Units), where as OC has a rating of 5.3 Million SHU. A Habanero pepper is rated at 300,000 SHU.

A few of the effects-

Upon contact with the eyes, it causes them to dry out almost instantly, forcing the eyelids to close, and making it it almost impossible (and EXTREMELY painful) to open them. There is a constant, extremely intense burning sensation of the eyes, and it feels like there is sand in there, which would make one's first reaction to rub them.

WRONG!

That only pushes is deeper under your eyelids.

"Well, just rinse it out, moron. That would be the obvious thing to do."

That is the obvious thing to do. Again, it is the wrong thing to do. The OC I was sprayed with is water-based. Guess what that means? Water only makes is worse.

The Army uses oil-based OC, which isn't exactly a good idea seeing as OC is a non-lethal munition. If someone is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they might not feel the full effects of the OC, which would lead some people to switch to a weapon that will put anybody down- a Taser. Wanna know what happens when a person covered in an oil-based liquid has a high electric current running through them? They start on fire.

Aside from the burning in the eyes, it also causes extreme pain in any skin that it touches. The effects last different amounts of time depending on the person, but the for me, I experienced about 30-45 minutes of being almost completely unable to open my eyes, then about an hour of being able to open my eyes, with very high sensitivity to light and a very high level of pain, then another 2-3 hours of high pain, with decreased light sensitivity, followed by about six hours of pain, with light sensitivity gradually returning to normal throughout. Note that during this time, my eyes were still as dry as a bone. as a matter of fact, I got sprayed at about 2:00 PM on Wednesday, and when I woke up at 5:30 Thursday morning, my eyes were still dry. The dryness lasts about 24 hours.

Long story short- it was quite possibly the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, and that is not an exaggeration.

OH My Good God . I so respect you . I did anyway but damn. Our nephew, Boe never told us stories like that and he was a Marine.

Do not tell your mommy that story. Trust me :puppyeyes:

MC!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! YOU KNOW BETTER!!! BATTERIES ARE NOT THAT EXPENSIVE!!!

You think it would be ok with us if you burnt to death because you neglected to buy batteries

Not acceptable

There actually was a dead battery in there, I was just under some stress when I typed that blog. I such a net addict, I began typing that before I started fanning and airing the place out for smoke. :P

Excuses are like a**h****'s, everyone one has one :shades: :laughing:

Just sayin' we care Kenne. But I also know as do you, when you reset the clocks for spring ahead and all that happy crap you automatically change the alarm batteries AZ doesn't do that right? So when we bitch about it, pay attention and change your batteries in your alarms. Please. . :puppyeyes:

Who in the world did you piss off to cause that?

Or, and this could possibly be a follow-up question of sorts, how incredibly wasted were you?

Nobody, and not at all.

It's a part of the Non-lethal weapons course I'm currently going through.

My Lieutenant had a comment about the OC that I rather liked.

"I don't have to get shot to qualify with a pistol, so why should we get sprayed with this sh*t?"

The actual reason was so we could learn to maneuver and fight while in pain and at a disadvantage to our opponent.

There are countless videos on YouTube. Just search "OC Spray" and you will find all sorts of different reactions to this liquid hell.

Side note- most of the courses that you will see people going through are for Military Police training, and last on average 3-4 minutes. Our course (NOT an MP course) took about 10 minutes. That's another 6-7 minutes with this stuff in your eyes before you get a chance to get any sort of relief.

It is supposed to make anyone who comes in contact with it be blinded and have an uncontrollable cough.

Unless the OC you have is different, the kind I got made it almost impossible to cough, let alone breathe, and not out of shock or panic. It actually constricts your chest once it is inhaled.

Our nephew, Boe never told us stories like that and he was a Marine.

He may not have gone through the course. It's not a requirement for every Marine.

And by the way, MC, replace your batteries! Trust me, dead batteries make everything a pain in the ass. (Every try to find your way around a line of Howitzers at 2 AM with no moon and a dead flashlight?)

Besides, my burning was non-lethal. I'd hate to learn of a Songfactor's lethal burning.

Coughing so hard, it hurts your taint and snot running like a faucet. Maybe we use different stuff. You have to be very careful about how close you are to the person being sprayed and if you are indoors. It is easy to effect yourself and your partners.

You have to be very careful about how close you are to the person being sprayed and if you are indoors. It is easy to effect yourself and your partners.

Not to mention the Hydraulic Needle Effect.

And the rapid overproduction of snot happened to me too.

I hear that. I'd like to think more of a rooftop with icicles.

It's quite a distraction to have your nose running like a spigot when you're trying to stop someone from hitting you with a baton.

"Why do you keep backing up?"

Maybe it's because I have OC in my eyes!

Yet another side note- If anyone's noticed the 'clearing' effects that Wasabi has on your sinuses, this stuff makes that look like a mere sneeze.

Edited by Guest

Upon contact with the eyes, it causes them to dry out almost instantly, forcing the eyelids to close, and making it it almost impossible (and EXTREMELY painful) to open them. There is a constant, extremely intense burning sensation of the eyes, and it feels like there is sand in there, which would make one's first reaction to rub them.

WRONG!...

Aside from the burning in the eyes, it also causes extreme pain in any skin that it touches. The effects last different amounts of time depending on the person, but the for me, I experienced about 30-45 minutes of being almost completely unable to open my eyes, then about an hour of being able to open my eyes, with very high sensitivity to light and a very high level of pain, then another 2-3 hours of high pain, with decreased light sensitivity, followed by about six hours of pain, with light sensitivity gradually returning to normal throughout. Note that during this time, my eyes were still as dry as a bone. as a matter of fact, I got sprayed at about 2:00 PM on Wednesday, and when I woke up at 5:30 Thursday morning, my eyes were still dry. The dryness lasts about 24 hours.

...It felt like my ears were being ground away with 5-grit sandpaper. That didn't let up until I awoke the next morning.

You know what's weird? I felt the same exact symptoms when watching "The Last Song" a couple weeks ago.

DH is going to go get my 4runner today. He said he's gonna have to tear into it further to find the problem.

Worse case scenario, cracked block = about 7k . I'm so hoping it's just a gasket or some such :puppyeyes:

Not if he has to replace the engine. He does all the work himself. If it's the block he will most likely replace the whole thing.

Just replacing a head light(the whole thing, not just the light.) on my rig costs $250. This is the first serious problem we've had with it. The guy that towed it for me said he rarely if ever tows 4runners.

Somebody broke into one of my cars again :mad: they weren't able to really take anything except for a folder that had the registration in it and damaged my glove compartment. I'm still a little pissed though because this is the 3rd time this year it has happened to me. I look forward to moving out of Phoenix.

I hate cities just for those kinds of reasons.

Not if he has to replace the engine. He does all the work himself. If it's the block he will most likely replace the whole thing.

Just replacing a head light(the whole thing, not just the light.) on my rig costs $250. This is the first serious problem we've had with it. The guy that towed it for me said he rarely if ever tows 4runners.

Good news, it was just a softplug. 10 minute $2.00 fix :thumbsup:

We found a wounded swift (the little bird)on the street... it seemed like he had a broken wing and the cars were passing by and he was desperatly trying to move, he finally could hide under a parked car... then my husband took him in his hand and saw the feathers were just twisted or so... we brought it home, gave him some water and put him in a box, we called some place where they try to heal those little birds, brought the bird there and we are feeling better now... I just hope this little bird will live. I