What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

Well the Stones were outdoors, so that may have had something to do with it (and I did manage to get pretty close to front row by running as soon as the gates opened). I just still can't believe that anybody could charge $200 a ticket. But it is in D.C., so I guess all the lobbyists can afford it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do believe that I paid 150+ each for 2 tickets to the Stones the last time, but we had great seats, and it was the Rolling Freaking Stones, and very possibly my last chance to see them so it was worth it to me. I am surprised that tickets for Young's tour are so highpriced. I feel that the promoters & venue have a lot more to do with ticket prices than the artist. I would like to think that Neil Young wouldn't come up with the idea to gouge his fans all by himself. :P

I would like to think that Neil Young wouldn't come up with the idea to gouge his fans all by himself.

I would think that he is against it if anything, unless a charitable cause is involved. He is friends with Eddie Veddar and I know what that man is about when it comes to ticket pricing.

The Red Wings v. sharks game last night. Seriously the false penalties and resulting 5 on 3 favoring the sharks is what won the game for the guppies . . . Er . . . I mean sharks. The wings outplayed the Sharks but were no match for the refs. The officials might as well have been wearing sharks jerseys. Game 3 tomorrow. Sharks better be ready to play some REAL hockey cause the're gonna be in Hockeytown! GO WINGS!!!!

What a lovely day I've had :beady:

I made a lunch date with my daughter in a near by smaller type city at our favorite mom and daughter restaurant.

About three blocks from our destination I look at my heat gage and it's buried in the red. Soooo.... we pull it over and daughter(knowing a thing or two about cars) says we should just let it cool off for a few minuets and go ahead and go have lunch. By the time we're done the 4runner should be cooled off enough and she could look and see what the problem may be.

So thats what we do. Did I mention DH is out of town until tomorrow? So, we come out and she tells me it's most likely from the looks of it, the water pump. Of course every zipper we know is unavailable so I had to have it towed. Luckily my mother lives right over the bridge in the next town, so I had it taken there.

We had a 6 hour very freakin' expensive lunch :puppyeyes:

Lea, you did right by not driving on that bad water pump. If you would've gone on an interstate or driven at a speed of 50 MPH, you most likely would've caused the head gasket to go out as well (which is can be upwards of $1000 in repairs). However if it was just a short distance and you were to go at a slow speed, you probably could've driven it home as opposed to paying to have it towed. I just had a water pump go out on me a couple of months ago, so I'm familiar with what happens.

I just had a fire. My mini beer fridge in my room short circuited and caught on fire with a nearby hamper of clothes. I didn't even realize it until I smelled something like a candle and realized it was plastic and clothing burning a few minutes later. I don't have a battery in my smoke alarm and if I happened to be sleeping (very likely at 1:30 am) I would've been burnt to death.

Thanks, I'm still etchy and scarred and even a little spooked this afternoon.

Think of it as an excuse to buy new clothes...

I just bought several new clothes in the past couple months, I lost about a hamper's worth, but at least I'm still alive. If I had been sleeping I never would've made it out of there alive as the fire was in front of my door.

Edited by Guest

Two words; Oleoresin Capsicum.

Otherwise known as OC spray. It's like pepper spray if pepper spray could do steroids. A little comparison: Standard pepper spray has an artificial heat rating of about 1 million to 2 million SHU (Scoville Heat Units), where as OC has a rating of 5.3 Million SHU. A Habanero pepper is rated at 300,000 SHU.

A few of the effects-

Upon contact with the eyes, it causes them to dry out almost instantly, forcing the eyelids to close, and making it it almost impossible (and EXTREMELY painful) to open them. There is a constant, extremely intense burning sensation of the eyes, and it feels like there is sand in there, which would make one's first reaction to rub them.

WRONG!

That only pushes is deeper under your eyelids.

"Well, just rinse it out, moron. That would be the obvious thing to do."

That is the obvious thing to do. Again, it is the wrong thing to do. The OC I was sprayed with is water-based. Guess what that means? Water only makes is worse.

The Army uses oil-based OC, which isn't exactly a good idea seeing as OC is a non-lethal munition. If someone is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they might not feel the full effects of the OC, which would lead some people to switch to a weapon that will put anybody down- a Taser. Wanna know what happens when a person covered in an oil-based liquid has a high electric current running through them? They start on fire.

Aside from the burning in the eyes, it also causes extreme pain in any skin that it touches. The effects last different amounts of time depending on the person, but the for me, I experienced about 30-45 minutes of being almost completely unable to open my eyes, then about an hour of being able to open my eyes, with very high sensitivity to light and a very high level of pain, then another 2-3 hours of high pain, with decreased light sensitivity, followed by about six hours of pain, with light sensitivity gradually returning to normal throughout. Note that during this time, my eyes were still as dry as a bone. as a matter of fact, I got sprayed at about 2:00 PM on Wednesday, and when I woke up at 5:30 Thursday morning, my eyes were still dry. The dryness lasts about 24 hours.

Long story short- it was quite possibly the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, and that is not an exaggeration.

Sounds like a training day! OC is supposed to work on just about everyone because it causes a physiological reaction to pain. It is supposed to make anyone who comes in contact with it be blinded and have an uncontrollable cough. Not always true, but I have had better results with OC rather than CS. CS works only on pain compliance. It wont always work on someone who is wasted or has a high tolerance for pain. The OC we use is water based and propelled by gas. That way, it you can get some relief if the sprayed area is flushed with copious amounts of water. You dont have to spray in the face, either, any sensitive area will do (if your suspect happens to be nakid....)

The stuff I have now is a mix of OC and CS. It is nasty.