What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I have bright light floaters once in a while. Are you very nearsighted? I am, and they were caused by vitreal detachment (its the gelatinous part of your eye, and as it detaches, it pulls on the retina and causes the lights). It's common in very near sighted people, but normally doesn't happen until their 50's, so I must have old eyes.

Anyway, I also have thin spots in my retina, so the doctor did laser surgery on me to secure the thin spots against the pulling. I see them less, but once in a while if my eyes are irritated or my sinuses are swollen, I'll still see them.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[biggest]O.M.G.[/biggest]

Who knew that trying to set up a Web site would take the tiny little trailings of what's left of my brain, wrap them tightly around a small green twig, and roast them slowly on an open fire????

And that's only AFTER I've yanked all my hair out by its roots, blazed it up, and run screaming through the wall leaving a Shawna-shaped hole, complete with arms flailing wildly.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Earlier today, I saw a girl I recently met while walking back from class. She looked up, saw me, smiled and said "Hey, how are you doing?" I responded with some sort of half mumbled "How are you doing? Doing good..." She just laughed and kept walking. It was the single most awkward interaction I've ever had with a female, I'm normally rather verbose. Guess this means I like her.

Kill me.

I'm with Shannon on this one, Tim. If she's attempting to interact with you at all, there's no animosity there, and is indeed probably a show of affection. Whether it's romantic interest or just friendship affection, who knows... but it's a very rare piece of work that will say "Hi, how are you?" to someone just to laugh at their awkwardness.

You might not even like her, it might just be awkwardness brought on by intimidation. I get that way when I meet excessively clever/funny people. Takes me a while to regain my footing. They don't seem to notice, though, or cut me the necessary slack if they do.