What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

The uncivilized level of public discourse on Notre Dame's campus is grinding my gears today. Bring up any issue and I can guarantee you that somebody will manage to twist it until it's about abortion. Apparently Catholic Social Teaching only applies to the unborn. Once you're born, you're on your own.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That depends on whether or not we decide to keep it...

Ah, so your previous comment was not a hypothetical. Know this, my friend, there are many resourced agencies friendly to your situation. Seek them out. You have many, many options available to you in this time of need; the poorest of which are panic, a feeling of isolation and the desire to make a quick decision.

Rocky, feel free to PM me if you feel it could help in the least.

Yea it wasn't hypothetical. Unfortunately today has certainly been one hell of a day. She called and told me today. We had been concerned about it but were hoping we were just worrying for nothing. Unfortunately, we were right.

It's a very difficult situation to deal with. Especially with her maternal instincts kicking in. It doesn't help that her 16-year-old sister is pregnant as well. I can't imagine how her parents may react. We're hoping to go to Planned Parenthood this weekend. But we'll see where we go from there.

Not the best of situations :(

It doesn't help that her 16-year-old sister is pregnant as well. I can't imagine how her parents may react.

Sorry not trying to step into your business, but they may not care as much that she is pregnant than and be more concerned about their underage daughter.

The thing that's annoying me right now is that the little green bar on the bottom of the page that used to show me when/how fast a page was loading is GONE. Where did it go? And a few of the smiley icons here at this site no longer show up... they are just little red X's. Harumph, I say. :beady: :beady:

For both Internet Explorer and Firefox, the green loading bar is found in the status bar at the bottom of your screen.

If it's not there, then your status bar is prolly disabled.

You can enable/disable the status bar from the top left corner of your browser's toolbar.

Click:

>View >Toolbars >Status Bar

Tough situation guys .... I feel for the both of you, I really do.

You are going to get advice, and opinions from all sides. My best advice, as a mom, is to take all those suggestions, and put them on a shelf, and take them down one by one and consider them. Just the two individuals involved. Ultimately it will be your lives that are impacted by your decisions, not your families',not your friends, not your pastor's, not any of the experts. You all need to make the decisions that are right for you. Don't allow yourselves to be pushed or talked into anything unless it feels right to the both of you. Good luck guys, in the end, things will work out the way the are meant to.