What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

sleeping with the windows open (especially in colder climate) is a good way of getting sore / strep throat

Sure if you're prone to them, which fortunately I'm not. And not strep anyway, as it's a virus. But one of my son's is prone to ear nose & throat issues, he can't sleep with a window open. Depends on the person.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sleeping with the windows open (especially in colder climate) is a good way of getting sore / strep throat

Strep throat is a virus, you can't get a virus just from having the window open when it's cooler outside. Like the old wives' tale about not going outside in the cold with wet hair. I'm not prone to sore throats, much like Lucky, so it doesn't bother me. Also, the winters in North Carolina aren't like the winters where I'm from. It's been colder this year than normal, but it's been in the 50s at night, which is fine for opening a window.

THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON AGAIN

Just ignore it Marc, and maybe it'll go away... :D

Honestly, there is a strip of black electrician's tape covering my "check engine" light display. I put it there because at night it was so obvious and red. Friendly motorists at stop lights would point as if to say my engine light switch was on.

I myself got tired of the red light glaring at me so I fixed it with black tape.

You'd never know it was there!

By the way, I know that I don't need to check my engine because I'm certain it's just a faulty sensor.

lol

Strep throat is a virus, you can't get a virus just from having the window open when it's cooler outside. Like the old wives' tale about not going outside in the cold with wet hair.

A very cold night can lower your defenses and allow the virus to attack.

And did you know that?

Nasal hair has important implications for the health of the human body because a lack of nasal hair could invite the transport of potentially harmful particles into the respiratory system.

I learned it some time ago...

And did you know that?

I learned it some time ago...

Cool. I like it when I see people aware of the human body and what makes it function to the best of capacity before it finally dies.

Ironic but if you yoga, lift weights, swim, and eat nothing but healthy food your final reward is death.

That's sounds like an old wives' tale from when I was younger. My grandmother used to scare my sister and I with that so we'd never have the window open at night when we slept, even if the heat was jacked up to 80.

If you get sick because you had your window open at night, you were going to get sick anyway and the open window had nothing to do with it. You get sick because your immune system is compromised in some way, and an open window alone isn't capable of doing that.

You wanna know what grinds MY gears?! Well, do ya?! Then, I'll tell ya...

It took a two-hour, prime-time butchering of some of the greatest music ever written, to finally get some Stones tunes into the Songfacts Daily Top Ten.

If Brian Jones was still alive today, he would've given Simon Cowell and his cronies a beatdown so severe that they'd begin to think that Ruben Studdard actually was a good singer! He'd punch that Dave-Matthews-sounding p*ssy right in the nuts; he'd smash that girly-man's guitar right there on stage, a la Belushi in "Animal House", causing said girly-man to burst into tears like a little baby. And then he'd go looking for that "beatbox" kid from a couple years back!

And to answer everyone's NEXT question....Yes, I... watched the entire two hours.

:couch:

There were actually a couple decent ones there...the chick that sang "Play With Fire" was kinda cool, and the young yokel did okay with "Angie". But if I ever meet up with that wimpy b*stard that absolutely killed "Gimme Shelter"....

...well, let's just say it'll be pretty hard to hit any high notes with a guitar crammed up his a$$!

Overall, I gave the show 5 stars out of 10. It could've been much, much better.

And in my best pretentious British voice: "Thank you, Mick and Keith. I've stated in the past that I don't really care that much for your music, because, as everyone can tell, I'm a big, British d*ckhead. But I will gladly make five millions bucks in two hours, exploiting a catalogue that it took you guys nearly 50 years to build. Once again, thanks, mates."

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Awww Kenne ... he's my hero too. Last summer, when my son was flying out here from St Louis, guess who was on his flight? Kurt. Matt didn't have any paper or anything else sign-able on him. He did have on a really nice pair of sneakers on (K Swiss, nice & white) so he got his autograph on one of his shoes. :D

Now he can't wear those shoes. ;)

My ignorance of all things computer is beginning to aggravate me. I had a new turbo-power jumbo hard drive installed, along with 4X the memory I previously had, and I didn't think that anything would change (visually) since my old hard drive was "cloned" onto the new one.

But things do look different, and they ARE different. And I don't understand it, nor how to make it go back. :mad: :mad:

The thing that's annoying me right now is that the little green bar on the bottom of the page that used to show me when/how fast a page was loading is GONE. Where did it go? And a few of the smiley icons here at this site no longer show up... they are just little red X's. Harumph, I say. :beady: :beady: