What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was reading an article on tires and it reminded me of this post made a year ago.

Better late than never, I guess.

We can all benefit from this info no matter what climate you live in.

what is the deal with flat tires and Phoenix? I wonder if the heat causes them to wear out faster than other places. I've had more flats in the 7 or so years I've lived here than I had in all my other years in San Diego.

It is important to keep your tires properly inflated at all times.

Most people think that having a tire with low pressure is no big deal.

But it can create problems.

When a tire's pressure falls, that tire's sidewall flexes more than it should.

That compromises the car's handling.

And if you keep driving on an underinflated tire, the deformation can lead to an intense buildup of heat.

Excessive heat can lead to belt seperation and a blowout.

my eyes are burning. Grrrrrr.... This is Day 3 and my left eye burns so much it's watering. I got a new eyeliner that I used for the first time 3 days ago, and I'm wondering if that did it. But I'd think after it was washed off it would stop, and it hasn't.

(this is where I really need a little graemlin that looks like Calvin with the little popped bubble over his head when he's mad. Get on that, would ya, Farin?) ;)

my eyes are burning. Grrrrrr.... This is Day 3 and my left eye burns so much it's watering. I got a new eyeliner that I used for the first time 3 days ago, and I'm wondering if that did it. But I'd think after it was washed off it would stop, and it hasn't.

(this is where I really need a little graemlin that looks like Calvin with the little popped bubble over his head when he's mad. Get on that, would ya, Farin?) ;)

My guess it would be an allergic reaction to the eyeliner, is it completely different from what you are used to?

Calvin_Angry_Wink.jpg

My guess it would be an allergic reaction to the eyeliner, is it completely different from what you are used to?

Calvin_Angry_Wink.jpg

Better get it checked out Shawna...even though you washed it off, it could of gotten an infection or like MC said, maybe allergic reaction...Put a cool moist wash cloth over your eyes for about 10 minutes or so....That should help a little bit...If it's an infection though..a warm moist compress is better to use....I know because we've had residents that have had eye problems before....

I was allergic to eyeliner for years... I had to use a special brand. Now, if this didn't happen to you before with the same brand... then I dunno... :P

I have also had eye irritability the past couple days, I think it's due to the change in weather. Would make sense if it was also affecting Shawna.

Last night I was walking down the stairs and missed a step and sprained my ankle :doh:

I guess this is karma from posting that animated image of the guy on the escalator and thinking it was funny.

My eyes are feeling much better, thanks all! :)

It was a different brand of eyeliner that I was wearing, but I'm thinking that wasn't the issue. I waited until the burning wore off (yesterday), and then last night I applied the eyeliner again and haven't had the same reaction at all.

I think MC is right, it rained so much out here in the past 3 weeks, and now it's climbing into the upper '70s and drying everything out, so there's a lot floating through the air. I'm a little stuffed up, too, and that would explain both things.

Yep, spring in springing, and all the growing things are waking up. It's affecting us as well. We've had a lot of rain, and we've got tons of flowering bushes and trees right outside our door. There's pollen all over the patio. Do you sleep with your window open at all? That's a bad thing, the worst time of day for floating things is in the early hours before dawn.

nooooo... no windows open. I live in da 'hood, remember? Every month at our HOA meetings we hear about yet another one or two people's condos that have been broken into. So I have a security lock on my back door, and a security screendoor on my front door, and never EVER leave the windows open unless I'm home and it's daylight.

My eyes are beginning to burn a little bit again right now... and I did not use the eyeliner... it must be in the air.

I sleep with my bedroom window open, but that's because my room is on the 2nd floor and there's no way for someone to break in that way, since my headboard is in front of the window.....I think if someone was trying to climb into my room through the window, I'd know.

I do however, obsessively make sure all doors are locked, including the screen door, all windows on the lower level are shut and locked and all blinds are closed.