What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know someone (who's nowhere near their 80s yet!) explain comments he makes if he thought they were supposed to be funny but no one laughs. He then sort of panics and says, "Well, because this and this and this... do you get it yet?"

Usually, I roll my eyes and say, "I understood it when you said it. I just didn't think it was funny." :smirk:

:laughing: :laughing:

I guess we might be doing the same when we're ovver 80...

i WILL PROBABLY HAVE BEEN DEAD FOR 10 YEARS BY THAT TIME! mY WIFE HATES IT WHEN i SAY THAT, BUT THAT HAS BEEN THE EXPIRATION POINT FOR THE MEN IN MY FAMILY FOR THE PAST FEW GENERATIONS.

:laughing: ...or just about the lament of every married man .

I LOVE that metaphor of getting along with one's wife/girlfriend as just a matter of bomb diffusing ... cut the wrong wire and ... BOOM ! I will thus cheer for 'Hurt Locker ' and though I haven't seen it nor any others , feel a connection . :thumbsup:

Grrrrr :beady: :susel: ....Some a***hole that was driving this huge truck, and text messaging, came within inches of having a head on with me....He totally lost control of his truck when he was coming around the corner...and into my lane...it was very close...I layed on the horn, and luckily he stopped in time...it was very close call....

OMG Laurie! I'm so glad it was only "close." Did you get out and stomp his &^*% butt??? What is WRONG with people that they think it's okay to text while they're driving???!!!

Did you know it's still not illegal here. I was just watching on the local news tonight and they were talking about getting it passed as a law.

Did you know it's still not illegal here. I was just watching on the local news tonight and they were talking about getting it passed as a law.

Really? :P In Spain you can get a 300€ fine or even lose your driving license (if you do it four times) in case you're just talking on a cell phone while diving...

Talking & texting both are illeagle California, and I don't think it has stopped anyone, you see it all the time. You see people strapping their seatbelts on and pulling their phones out. I always think "how nice. The seatbelt will help save you in the accident you cause because you're on your phone". :mad:

Why do people feel like they need to be available to everybody else 24/7? Does it make you more important? I very rarely am in the car by myself, so when I am, it's my free time. I listen to my iPod or just sing to myself. I don't want anybody calling me unless my kid is really sick or my house is burning down.

I don't like the law about talking on the phone while driving. It's true that most people for some reason just can't do it, and the law would make the roads a lot safer, but I can talk on the phone and drive just fine, and I've never had an accident. I just think people should have to retake drivers ed every 5-10 years.

We are allowed (by law) to talk on our cells while driving in AZ. I have taken to using an earphone, though, because it's just easier. I have never even come close to causing an accident or being in one when I was just holding the phone to my ear, though. I agree, some people have that capability, and others get too distracted.

Texting, tho, is a whole other animal. To text, your eyes have to leave the road so you can see what you're typing. I can't understand how this was ever legal in the first place, much less still happens. It's unsafe, and it's plain idiotic.

MC, I could swear they just passed the law against texting/driving here a month ago. :confused: