What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Russian names ending in "enko" are from Ukranian origin.

Which reminds me ... Evgeni Plushenko was quite a snot over not winning the gold in mens figure skating. It's the Olympics man, have a little class. I really hate it when athletes at that level show such a lack of sportsmanship. :P

MC, I had a kitten who did that once. Turns out he was separated way too early from his mother and was just looking for some comfort (according to the pet psychologist). I don't doubt it - he was so tiny, it's very plausible. A friend had found him in their front yard one morning and asked if I would take him. I wound up turning him over to HALO (Helping Animals Live On) because I didn't know how to make him stop. Tried feeding him with a bottle, but he'd just chew through the rubber.

This is true...a friend of mine had a stray cat... living in his car...I don't how it got in there (probably an open window) but his wife was all mad and stuff...Soooo,I had some pepper spray or maybe it was mace...but we sprayed the stray cat...unfortuneatly we never opened the windows or doors... :couch: Anyway, this stray cat went crazy...tore up the whole inside of my friends car...and s@it everywhere...and I mean everywhere...and to this this day...and I sponsered this guy (and his wife) to be here... He's cool, but she's still pissed...

What??? Omg what were you guys thinking??? :D

Kenne, there could be couple of reasons for your kitty doing that. 1) she loves you (the best one). 2) she is enjoying the salt taste on your skin, or possibly a soap or lotion or 3) like they said above she was seperated early and is looking for a little mommy consolation.

We had a kitty that would try to nurse on your earlobe because of being seperated early. Even when she became an older cat. It was just somehting she never grew out of.

Our cat still does that, he sucks on all sorts of fabric which is not as irritating as licking your skin I suppose, until he gets up and leaves you with wet patches on your clothes. :P And he's four years old... he was separated from his mum quite early and like Lucky said, never grew out of it. I'm not sure how or even if you're going to break that habit :P

This is true...a friend of mine had a stray cat... living in his car...I don't how it got in there (probably an open window) but his wife was all mad and stuff...Soooo,I had some pepper spray or maybe it was mace...but we sprayed the stray cat...unfortuneatly we never opened the windows or doors... :couch: Anyway, this stray cat went crazy...tore up the whole inside of my friends car...and s@it everywhere...and I mean everywhere...and to this this day...and I sponsered this guy (and his wife) to be here... He's cool, but she's still pissed...

If I had seen you do something like that I would have beat the crap out of you and then had you arrested for cruelty to an animal.

Didn't it occur to you to just open the doors and walk away :confused:

Our cat still does that, he sucks on all sorts of fabric which is not as irritating as licking your skin I suppose, until he gets up and leaves you with wet patches on your clothes. :P And he's four years old... he was separated from his mum quite early and like Lucky said, never grew out of it. I'm not sure how or even if you're going to break that habit :P

I don't think you can Fin. We were never successful with it.

The last three or so cats we've had were abandoned strays that I had to bottle feed. Actually an eyedropper works better. Those hard nipples are just to hard for a little kittie to nurse off.

We've had cats that sucked and licked but odd that the ones I nursed didn't ever do that. I don't think we were ever able to make them stop.

As a matter of fact, Stray does lick and she is about eight or nine years old. It doesn't really bother me tho, I just move my hand :D

Or maybe she was just trying to not sound like she thought he was the scum of the earth but rather he did something unacceptable?

Just because we don't like what he did doesn't mean we want him to feel so bad he doesn't post here anymore.

I think it's a safe bet he knows what he did was wrong and I doubt he'll ever do something like that again.

I think Lucky did just fine in what she said and how she said it.

You should be ashamed of yourself for putting a grinning smilie after your comment. :thumbsdown:

What chutpah did was totally not funny at all.

I beg your pardon? :shades: There may be many things in my life that I could be ashamed of, but that grin is not one of them. I was not grinning at the deed sir (which was heinous), but at the obvious lack of forethought. Whatever they got in return as a punishment ( whether by feline or human) was well deserved. I however, unlike you, don't feel the need to preach to my fellow SF's regarding any sort of behaviour, most especially when it was immediately apologized for. I assume you are perfect then? State your opinion, fine. But in the future please don't presume to monitor my thoughts, feelings, or the flipping use of an emoticon. :P