What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mean, can the male species as a whole not find some sort of middle ground between stalking and ignoring??? Silly creatures, you all suck and if I didn't like you so much I'd turn gay. But then girls are only worse and I know this because I am one.

Sorry I'm still annoyed by the XYs, I'll stop now. Uncle Joe's a nice one though, LEARN FROM HIM.

My little cat seems to be asthmatic... :P the poor little thing spends hours coughing -and she's been doing that before, only not that often...- and I have to take her to the vet, but allergies and all that stuff are hard to diagnose. And very expensive too...

She's so cute and sweet and such a fluffy lovely little thing... :P

Welcome to the world of anime!

Cartoons can jump off of cliffs, get blown up by dynamite and hunt for wabbits they'll never catch.

That's the whole fun, though; never catch what you're hunting for because the game may well turn out to be the predator.

By then, it's too late to realize it.

;)

Sorry to hear about that :(

I made a post on another website, about somebody out there reading everybody's posts while naked, and I included Uncle Joe's avatar pic to go along with it. It got deleted and I was warned by the mods for "cartoon nudity". :smirk:

There is nothing cartoonish about UJ's nudity...with a foot of snow heading his way, real nudity may not be an option.

Singing "Oh, Darling".

My throat hurts

from Wiki:

McCartney later said of recording the track, "When we were recording 'Oh! Darling' I came into the studios early every day for a week to sing it by myself because at first my voice was too clear. I wanted it to sound as though I'd been performing it on stage all week."[3] He would only try the song once each day; if it was not right he would wait until the next day. In order to make sure he got every precious first take right, McCartney would practice the song in the bathtub. He once lamented that "five years ago I could have done this in one take".[citation needed]

In a 1980 interview with Playboy magazine, John Lennon said, "'Oh! Darling' was a great one of Paul's that he didn't sing too well. I always thought I could have done it better—it was more my style than his. He wrote it, so what the hell, he's going to sing it."[1]

I'm really getting tired of the European Union sanctimoniously deciding that Canada is the "whipping boy du jour". First it's our seal hunt. I don't particularly like it, but it's amazing how silent Europe is when one of it's members (Norway) violates an international moratorium on whaling. Whales are endangered while the seals, are not. Also, we keep hearing about how toxic the "tarsands" in Alberta are (the correct term is oilsands) when in fact, the "oilsands" contribute .06 percent of total global carbon dioxide emissions. Here's a ****ing newsflash. Canadians live in a country that is larger geographically than the entire continent of Europe. We have (in most parts of our country) six to seven months of winter. I'm not going to freeze my gonads off to satisfy the misplaced environmental zeal of some hypocritical European politicians. I'm also not going to drive some econobox which is completely impractical in a country where you can drive for 50 or more miles without hitting a town or any other form of civilization. In fact, I'm sick to death of hearing the scientifically dubious theories about human caused global warming. Why don't these hypocritical SOB's concentrate on real problems like water and air pollution. Or the huge floating platforms of garbage in the Pacific Ocean. Or why don't they devote their efforts towards finding ways to mitigate the worst effects of a warming climate (assuming of course that the climate is indeed warming). Based on the last two years in my neck of the woods, the climate is cooling. Of course Al Gore and David Suzuki would disagree, but they're a couple of hypocritical morons. Gore lives in a 10,000 square foot mansion that requires about ten times more fuel to heat than an average American home. As for David Suzuki, he lives in a very large home on a huge piece of property overlooking the Pacific Ocean and drives or flies around the country in gas guzzling planes and buses. Al Gore will happily tell anyone who is gullible enough to listen that polar bear populations are declining. Perhaps he should talk to the mayors of any major town in Canada's artic who would be happy to point out the error of his ways.

I'm afraid I'm rambling, but all this hot air surrounding global warming really burns my biscuits. Canada is a great country. We are not going to beggar our economy based on the criticism of the soon to be irrelevant European Union and the increasingly obvious dubious and politically motivated scientific ramblings of the IPCC. And if the European Union doesn't like it, well they (the politicians) can plant a big wet kiss on Canada's fur clad posterior.

...it's our seal hunt. I don't particularly like it, but it's amazing how silent Europe is when one of it's members (Norway) violates an international moratorium on whaling. Whales are endangered while the seals, are not.

It's good to hear that you don't particularly like the seal hunt.

I'm assuming that by saying you don't "particularly" like the seal hunt, you mean the hunt is ok, but the methods used are not.

I agree with that, but saying that the whales are endangered while the seals are not, doesn't justify the cruelity endured by the seals and IMO, Canadadian hunters and Canada deserve any backlash aimed at them for it, even though it is a legal hunt.

Although your post wasn't condoning the seal hunt, I just wanted to bring awareness to something that many people may not be aware of about the seal hunt in Canada.

I also agree that Norway should be spanked for violating the endangered species protection law.

Canadian Seal Hunt

Yes, Marcus! Be Afraid!! Be Very, Very Afraid!!!

Or I just might go Ozzie Osbourne on you. :D:D I'm glad you liked the "fur clad posterior" part. I was, after all, trying to be delicate and genteel. ;)

Actually, I should just say that my anger is not directed against Europeans(wonderful people), but towards those political nincompoops in Brussels and those strident environmental activists who are long on rhetoric and short on constructive action.

I agree with you CanAm. I don't like the methods used either. Not at all. It's horrifying and crule. But seals are a menace and need to be kept under control. I just wish they'd use a more humane way of doing it.

They have over run the Columbia River here so bad it has caused the Salmon population to decrease dramatically. Thats not to mention they are dangerously aggressive and don't belong in the river at all.

It is against the law here to shot them(your ass will be in a sling for sure if you do.) and they have no predators in the river. The bleeding hearts that don't have to live with them can go pound sand.

They can relocate them as much as they want but they always come back. Yeah, their cute and all but so are bears and mountain lions but that dosen't mean I want them in my back yard.

Their even getting into our slue's now :o

:stars: :stars:

I will gladly become a vegetarian and will never ever use leather or fur anymore... false fur and leather is perfect with me. Progess is amazing... we don't need to kill animals anymore. Maybe just torture laboratory rats... :P and they should be considered as heroes.

:bow: :bow: :bow: for the laboratory rat...

I was a vegetarian for quite a few years. Not for health reasons or for social reasons, I just felt like not eating meat anymore. Then one day, about 10 years later....I decided to eat a hamburger. There's still quite a few vegetarian food products I enjoy eating to this day, and incorporate them into my regular diet. Morningstar Farms has some delicious products. :)