What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I'm rather upset with the fact that once I was of age, I willingly volunteered my life for the defense of America, but I still can't have a drink.

Perhaps the thinking behind that is there are few things seemingly as precipitous as a loaded teenager with a loaded gun. ;)

Just having fun with you. :) Thanks for your service. In the late 60's, I was in the identical situation as you find yourself except the rage felt by those of us servicemen under 21 was fueled by not being able to vote. That eventually changed for everybody.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not so much grind my gears, however it simply baffles me how nearly every professional barber I have ever visited can do a credible job on my haircut, yet seem to mess up the sideburns so wildly. Over the weekend, again I came home with sideburns that looked as if I had told the barber, "Give me the modified Mr. Spock tip chops and while you're at it, make one side higher than the other."

Oh well, they'll grow back in within a couple weeks, before I go get them wackied again. =:P

One of our horses is gravely ill. She is such a sweetheart of a horse we are very bummed out about it :puppyeyes:

DH has been giving her penicillin for a few days but she was noticeably worse today.

We had the vet out and they said she has pnamonia but should survie with proper care. It will be a long recovery.

She has come so far since we got her and is most likely our favorite horse. She used to be afraid of everything and it has been fun watching her learn and overcome so much. She's such a girl :D

If I was rich I would by you both one :D

One of our horses is gravely ill. She is such a sweetheart of a horse we are very bummed out about it :puppyeyes:

DH has been giving her penicillin for a few days but she was noticeably worse today.

We had the vet out and they said she has pneumonia but should survive with proper care. It will be a long recovery.

She has come so far since we got her and is most likely our favorite horse. She used to be afraid of everything and it has been fun watching her learn and overcome so much. She's such a girl :D

For those of you that offer well wishes and might still be wondering, Sadie is much better. She will require medication for awhile but she should be fit as a fiddle in about a month or so.

After large doses of antibiotics you could see the difference in her the next day. We are very relived.

So is she :D

If I was rich I would by you both one :D

For those of you that offer well wishes and might still be wondering, Sadie is much better. She will require medication for awhile but she should be fit as a fiddle in about a month or so.

After large doses of antibiotics you could see the difference in her the next day. We are very relived.

So is she :D

My best wishes, Lea.

One of my mares had a slight swell in her left gaskin not long ago and I was pretty worried, too. She's doing well now and maybe will soon be able to to answer the call of my favourite stud (Tiny Dancer) which has won a few races at Colonial Downs, VA. He's not ready for the Kentucky Derby but hopefully the colt which will be sired from him and my mare (Midnight) will.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it but I have four mares and one stud. I keep them separated but it's neat to watch the mares long for the stud. Tiny Dancer (the stud) is so cool because he has four women wanting him but he acts like they're invisible!...lol

I was on my way to a concert last night and my car had some kind of steering problem, so I had to borrow a relatives'. I drove over a glass container.

Then I can't find the damn place and spent 2 hours looking for it, which caused me to arrive as the band I was there to see in the first place was walking off the stage.

Then I bumped into some girl and caused her to spill her vodka red bull, which means having to buy her another one and those are expensive at those venues.