What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my desktop was attacked today by the most insidious virus. :mad: and TrendMicro BLOWS as an internet security virus spyware whatever whatever. Obviously it didn't protect against this one, and I had to call them to get a fix. Their first 2 emails to me didn't come through. Then I called again. Their 3rd email didn't come through - while I'm getting other emails the whole time so I know it's not my email service - and when I called a third time to ask where's the fix, the guy told me I had to download it from their email they sent me or pay for a premium account to go into their site and download it directly!!! I NEVER GOT THE EMAILS!! :mad: :mad:

My desktop is being eaten from the inside even as I type this (on my laptop). I'm cancelling Trend as soon as my computer guy fixes this in the morning and getting a company that actually WORKS.

yeah, there's no fix there. The guy did let me go to the site and DL it directly (after some stern voice usage on my part), and I saved it to my flash and tried to transfer it to the desktop. It won't run, though. It says something to the effect of "TMCOMM is not connected. Check connection." Well, I can't even get online from the desktop, so no way to check the connection. *sigh*

My wife has spent the last two valuable days of her New Year's holiday writing out about 150 + New Year's greeting cards to friends , colleagues , those who need to be noted , etc.

It seems like such a waste of time and paper ( Marc ,I know your wife understands ) . They say little , but must be brushed out nicely with a calligraphy -type pen in order to make it look prim and proper . 95+% of these dorks have little or nothing to do with our lives , as well .

Also , if I a card , by chance , comes in that she omitted to send to , then she may have to write more -or even go out and buy more just to satisfy this goofy tradition . Granted , we sometimes send Christmas cards, but this is in a volume and to such a diverse audience, that it nears pointlessness ( your second year college professor , for ex ., from 20 years ago) - or someone you went to elementary school with but haven't seen in 30+ years nor likely will anytime soon, either !?!

my desktop was attacked today by the most insidious virus. :mad: and TrendMicro BLOWS as an internet security virus spyware whatever whatever. Obviously it didn't protect against this one, and I had to call them to get a fix. Their first 2 emails to me didn't come through. Then I called again. Their 3rd email didn't come through - while I'm getting other emails the whole time so I know it's not my email service - and when I called a third time to ask where's the fix, the guy told me I had to download it from their email they sent me or pay for a premium account to go into their site and download it directly!!! I NEVER GOT THE EMAILS!! :mad: :mad:

My desktop is being eaten from the inside even as I type this (on my laptop). I'm cancelling Trend as soon as my computer guy fixes this in the morning and getting a company that actually WORKS.

Shawna, my PC got attacked by that same insidious virus a few weeks ago. I spent days trying to remove it with various tools until a friend told me to go to a site and download MALWAREBYTES. I did so and it removed the virus for good on the first try.

Here's the site...go and download the FREE vesiion.

MALWAREBYTES

TrendMicro BLOWS

Yes it does. My Dell laptop got attacked in 2007 when it should have been protected by TrendMicro. Dell pushed TrendMicro on me and recommended it strongly. I have never had that severe a virus on any of my computers when protected by other products. I had to spend a couple hundred bucks to get it cleaned up and running again. I lost data, but there was nothing critical on the laptop. Had there been critical data there...I would have been out of luck.

My wife has spent the last two valuable days of her New Year's holiday writing out about 150 + New Year's greeting cards to friends , colleagues , those who need to be noted , etc.

It seems like such a waste of time and paper ( Marc ,I know your wife understands ) . They say little , but must be brushed out nicely with a calligraphy -type pen in order to make it look prim and proper . 95+% of these dorks have little or nothing to do with our lives , as well .

Also , if I a card , by chance , comes in that she omitted to send to , then she may have to write more -or even go out and buy more just to satisfy this goofy tradition . Granted , we sometimes send Christmas cards, but this is in a volume and to such a diverse audience, that it nears pointlessness ( your second year college professor , for ex ., from 20 years ago) - or someone you went to elementary school with but haven't seen in 30+ years nor likely will anytime soon, either !?!

You're a lucky man. My husband could say that I used to draw more than 100 cards, one by one, paint them and write somehting funny on it... :laughing:

I agree with you 100% Kevin. Greeting cards are evil }:|

After all the years of people screaming about saving trees and the environment you'd think people would stop sending silly greeting cards. What a waste of paper. What a waste of a perfectly good tree :(

Electronic cards is the way to go in this day and age :cool:

Shawna, my PC got attacked by that same insidious virus a few weeks ago. I spent days trying to remove it with various tools until a friend told me to go to a site and download MALWAREBYTES. I did so and it removed the virus for good on the first try.

Here's the site...go and download the FREE vesiion.

MALWAREBYTES

Excellent site Joe I've used it before myself :thumbsup:

my computer is now in the hands of a computer guru. I can hardly wait to hear what he says when he gets a chance to look at it... :puppyeyes:

I couldn't download that software, Joe, because I can't even get online on my desktop. I did try to DL it from my laptop and transfer it via my flash drive, but could not make it run... *heavy sigh*

back in action. ;) He was able to terminate that virus (boo-yah!) and said it had probably been hiding on my computer for a while waiting for the right combination of letters or date or whatever to set it off. So it's gone now, and my computer is running faster than ever!!! :) :)

back in action. ;) He was able to terminate that virus (boo-yah!) and said it had probably been hiding on my computer for a while waiting for the right combination of letters or date or whatever to set it off. So it's gone now, and my computer is running faster than ever!!! :) :)

:happybanana: :thumbsup:

Ahhh a hoarder and a price gouger :laughing:

I would be silly to give you four figures Sammy when I can get one 96k. I would be willing to trade you my Spotted Spardel for one tho and he is worth four figures.

But I don't want a Breebly so bad I would part with any of my cookies so don't even go there :/ You can look at them but no touching ;)

Karma could afford to buy me one she has tons of nps but I'm cookie poor :puppyeyes: