What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ The first step to achieving your goals with hope, is determination and effort.

I think my car stereo was wired improperly and may have short circuited my battery charger. My car died while I was driving it earlier and I've been struggling to get it home all morning. Luckily I was able to call on my father to get me home. :doh:

^This too shall pass my dear.

My state of serious sleep deprivation, paired with a morning dose of chocolates (morning sugar buzz=BAD!) and my constant craving for nicotine - all this is grinding my gears....I am determined not to smoke now; it'll only make me feel worse.

Fariha, you and I must be related somewhere down the line! I deal with insomnia (when I don't have Prince Ambien to rock me gently), and I have a daily dose of chocolate in the mornings (on the days when I'm in school, anyway).

With the nicotine, though, you're on your own. ;)

But I support any effort by anyone to ever quit that habit! :)

my doctor tells me that the painkiller that's keeping me sane (darvocet) will no longer be made 6 months from now. So they will have to go to something else, and the something else she suggested contains codeine. I'm alittle afraid of codeine, because it's a depressant, isn't it?

Aww Shawna :( Stock up now, if you can! I bet Lucky will be able to give you the first-hand low down on Codeine, but is there nothing else similar to your current meds that you could use? Have they thought of a more long-term fix that eradicates meds?

On my grindy note, I had a massive hot chocolate all over my white pyjamam's, bedspread, light cream carpets incident this morning :( I was half asleep still and stupidly had overfilled the mug :/ I'd already spilled a little on the kitchen counter when making it (stirring it too rapidly), but to get it all over everything else really just pipped it.

I guess it' s a CNS depressant like other drugs... but it' s an amazing painshooter and has less secondary effects than other drugs. For instance, it won' t ruin your stomach as ibuprophen or such, or your liver as acetaminophen (Tylenol)

but it' s a derivative of opium as morphine or heroin thus it' s addictive.Yet I think it' s the best choice. As long as you don' t get hooked to it, which you won' t while you take it under prescription... ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codeine

By the way, Darvocet is also an opium derivative...

My husband has left his cell phone on the table and went to work, so now he must be thinking that he lost it and worse, I cannot call him to tell him that it' s here. I also cannot call him to talk and will have to wait six hours till I speak with him.

I know, if all the problems could be just that bad :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry, Kevin.. :angel:

By the way, I had plenty of root canals... I know, it' s no fun at all... :P

But what about love? How does it feel when you cannot call the one you love to tell him you love him when it' s almost 4 hours since you told him so? :shades: Kevin, how can you be so heartless? :grin: