What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have 4 dogs (2 outside) and one cat. We did have 2 cats but daughter took hers when she moved. I love all our animals but Abbey and Stray are the one's I'm most attached to.

I make it a point to not get to attached to pets anymore because stuff happens to them and then I am sad for years :stars:

Unfortunately Abbey and Stray got under my skin. I told DH no more unless they are his hunting dogs. He loves animals and has been trying to get me to get another cat. I told him no, The Stray would not like it :laughing:

I am very glad your kitties are well :D

Andy has a dog that he's had for 17 years. What is that... 1928705 in dog years?

Anyhow, that dog can barely walk, see, or hear. Yet he's the sweetest dog ever. And a while ago Andy had to take him to the vet because the dog couldn't get up. Turned out his hips were hurting him, so the vet gave him some stuff to take the pain away. Andy was almost in tears that night, first time I've seen this big rugged man like that. It'll be a sad, sad day when that dog goes.

Lea, I don't envy you your situation... and I'm sorry that it's the way it is. Grief is something that has to be dealt with, and it's a very cathartic process, so feel free to feel however you need to feel. Bear in mind that you have your beloved pet for now, and every moment is a gift.

Thanks for the kind words Shawna.

The old one's are very hard. When I fist meet DH he had a Golden Retriever he'd had since he was 15. He got her as a Christmas present in a shoe box :D We got married when he was in his late 20's.

He couldn't bring himself to have her put down when the time came. It took me awhile to convince him but she was in terrible shape. She was having seizures, was blind, couldn't hear, could hardly walk and had big open holes from tumors on her skin.

I must say tho even that old that dog was incredibly intelligent. She had the sweetest disposition. Even tho I didn't know her well it was still so hard to take her to the vet. DH cried for weeks after. He says Abbey reminds him of his Gypsie.

The last time we had to have one of his hunting dogs (we've always had Golden Retriever's) put down I thought he was going to have a stroke so I told him he wasn't allow to go to the vet if we had to take others. He says he has to go with Abbey and I know he does but I'm really worried about it. I think we might need to find us a driver :(

I'm so sorry to hear about your pet Lea....I know what I was like when my first pony had to be put down. It's not like they could just give him an injection eatiher it was a shot in the head. :( I couldn't stay with him while they did it, the hurt was to bad but I could still hear the gun shot. I was only about nine or ten.....maybe thats partly why I hate guns?

The DWP (department for work and pensions) kept me on hold for 15 minutes before I got through. It's okay though, I wanted someone else to chat for me to them and said I needed to go get them so please wait, sat down had my lunch and half an hour later put to guy on the phone who was sitting opposite me. :grin: That'll teach 'em to put me on hold....then they said I had to ring various people to get them to send them letters when on my form (which I swear they didn't read) I explained my fear of talking on the phone... :/

Edited by Guest
missed the R in work....:)

Ringback tones are the most annoying idea ever. I have to call students on a fairly regular basis and they almost always give me their cell phone number. I don't have the time or the mother loving patience to sit through a minute and a half of a flapping song I don't like in the first place just to discuss your educational career.

:beady:

We-ell... they're kids. They're just getting into their own skin. Identity formation and all that. Cellphones are an extension of a person. Wallpapers, ringtones, caller tunes, photographs... all part of personalisation. Like MySpace profiles or Last.fm profiles. Makes the kids happy, makes the companies money. It's 2 against 1 I'm afraid ;)

But you're just one person and they're not going to give you their home numbers because they're college kids and obviously never home. See? Such consideration... and all for YOU! :o

Have you not gotten the memo that the world revolves around me? And all that is well and good, but you don't know the vulgar "tap that a$$" type of songs that I have to listen to. It's unacceptable.

Worst Friday night ever. Went to the infirmary. Got some Mucinex and Delsym. Went back to room. Pounded that stuff. "Friends" probably don't give a flying ******* that I'm not around right now. Just hanging out here with the Beatles and the Eagles and stuff (no they're not really here, I'm playing my iPod on shuffle). Will go to bed as soon as I've finished this water bottle.

Oh well, the Beatles and the Eagles have been better friends to me than anyone else in my life anyway. You can't get away from yourself...