What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone, and I do mean everyone has a price.

Don't be so sure. Some people can't be bought.

Now if you were to threaten a member of my family because I wouldn't do something you wanted me to do then that would be different. You'd probably win. Other then that ... :D

I remember, long ago, when tigers chased me around a tree. I thought I was done-for. I could feel the fear and adrenalin pulse through what I thought was a man.

But that wasn't enough...until they chased me so fast that they became pancakes!

I was devastated because I had no syrup.

There is such a shortage of labour where I live that we make jokes about only needing a pulse to get a job. In order to retain good, qualified staff, employers need to make their workplace appealing for the employees. I imagine it takes money to properly train staff, and those companies that have high staff turnover lose out to their competitors who have learned to treat their people with respect.

my dad always said that being happy with where and whom you work is worth many many times the salary at a place where you're miserable but get paid more.

...so true... :cool: I´ve dropped jobs where I earned a good salary to go to work for much less money but in great company.

my thesis examiner is annoying me, he knew i had to submit an electronic and a hard copy and he just emailed me saying he hates electronic copies, argh... which means i have to order the hard copy from here.... i know this makes no sense to anyone but that's what's annoying me right now.

my dad always said that being happy with where and whom you work is worth many many times the salary at a place where you're miserable but get paid more.

How about a place where you get paid squat AND you don't really care for your colleagues? I just wanna get paid more. Actually, I don't wanna work :cool:

this week has been horrible. my girlfriend of eight years just dumped me. i wouldn't feel so bad about it if she had gone for some other guy like me or something but she says she's crazy about her cousin, beth. i can't understand it, no matter how hard i try. her father already beats her because he thinks she's gotten into prostitution, i'm praying he never finds out about this until they're far far away from him. i don't know if that will ever happen though. they live practically right next to one another and she's gotten pretty open about it with her friends. my life has been so confusing. i'm just sitting here crying my eyes out.

it doesn't help that my dad passed away earlier this year and it's been really hard on everybody. i work at a mcdonalds (which i have to walk to because my brother wrecked the car trying to get to his work) where everybody hates me and i have to sweat over the freaking stove for forever, it's almost enough to make me want to throw up sometimes. and even then i'd just cost myself another paycheck. i just applied for another job on top of it all, i don't even know if i'll have time to sleep, but here i am writing this like it's my own personal blog because it feels like i've been crying for the past hour. i'm probably going to have to sell my piano and all my other stuff just to make sure we get by, i don't know what i'm going to do anymore.

Are you serious, Namahage? I thought you posted your girlfriend wanted to marry you... did she change her mind after this post or after the other one?

Sorry for your problems, anyways. You were missing for a while, didn´t know about your dad.