What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My gears are being well and truly ground today...our hot water has packed up and our fridge has packed up...try getting either repaired in the run up to Xmas...it's a nightmare. :(

wow, that´s really a problem... :P

What are going to do? Do you have a chimney at least?

wow, that´s really a problem... :P

What are going to do? Do you have a chimney at least?

We've only been out of hot water since yesterday morning and we're already smelling ripe...teenage boys need regular hosing down. The freezer going has meant chucking away loads of food...boys need feeding too! We do have a real fire (with a chimney) but that doesn't solve our problem...and then, to 'cap it all' one of my front tooth crowns just fell out...I think I might have been grinding my teeth!

;)

It's coming up to Christmas...i work in retail and can work whatever hours they could possibly dream of right up til March...so naturally my work has cut down my hours to 11 per week :mad:

Now i'm looking for a new job...but everyone is telling me that they just hired people...coz of course with school holidays and coming up to christmas everyone is looking for work...and were on to it way before me :mad:

And...instead of being able to go physically walking around seeking a job...i have to sit at home...waiting for a package...which was delivered to the wrong address...where some a-hole signed for it and which we will probably never see seeming as whoever signs for a package which isn't their's or even supposed to go to their address probably isn't the type of nice honest person to say "woops sorry...here you go mr. courier man...have it back" :mad:

...and it was a birthday present for my mum from my sister in japan :mad:

...so it's all sunshine and rainbows with me today :mad:

I am waking up much to early these days, I cannot sleep again so I get up at 5 or 5.30... :P I have been sleeping an amount of 4 1/2 hours per night. I wish one of these days I´d wake up at 9...

Mulled wine before bed :

1 bottle of red wine : not expensive, but not awful swill either

Lemon slices or rind

Orange slices or rind

2 tablespoond of sugar or honey

a few whole cloves

a few allspice berries

a of couple of cinnamon sticks

* optional : a grating of nutmeg

Simmer all for 10-15 minutes . Do not let boil . Strain and pour into a heat retaining bottle . Enjoy 8 hours+ of sleep and sweet dreams ; make just before bed time . :) :thumbsup: Some ingredients are not exact as you can play to your tastes .