What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jane , they are fairly commonly found in Canada and even Japan now , so I would expect you should be able to get them there , too . Try a pharmacy , but they are often in the candy section of other stores amongst Halls and the like . They are truly the BEST lozenges I've ever tried . They do come in some flavors such as 'Cinnamon -Apple ' or ' Icy Mint ' , but I find the original to be the most effective , though not a pleasure flavor-wise . A kind of bitter anise .

just an example for a TV spot

"here comes the final proof that 10 of 10 men don't think Fisherman's Friend is too strong"

captain asks

"well, men? how does it taste?"

and all the sailors say "great, fantastic... etc."

until... punchline

"See? umm... 9 of 9 men don't think FF is too strong"

:grin:

you know the feeling that when you come home on the evening and only then realise that the shirt you were wearing had a huge ugly stain the whole day? and nobody told you about it?

I'm feeling like that now :doh: :doh: :doh:

only with the exception that while everybody thought it was a stain - it was actually part of the design ;)

could I be any more confusing? :grin: :grin:

EDIT: answer: yes I can

*ahem*

no, my shirt didn't have a stain

yes, it IS a metaphor ;) :grin:

Edited by Guest
clear as mud

Oh, a couple of weeks ago, on a day when I wouldn't normally be at work, I walked the kids up to school, chatted with a few other parents, whizzed round the supermarket, popped in to work to put an extra couple of hours in, picked the kids up, etc. Then, when I was in the kitchen preparing the evening meal, I felt a tickle on my neck. "What's that?" I thought to myself, feeling for whatever bug was tickling me there. Nope. It was the label of my shirt, which, I suddenly realised, I'd been wearing inside out all day. :doh: :blush:

you know the feeling that when you come home on the evening and only then realise that the shirt you were wearing had a huge ugly stain the whole day? and nobody told you about it?

I'm feeling like that now :doh: :doh: :doh:

only with the exception that while everybody thought it was a stain - it was actually part of the design ;)

could I be any more confusing? :grin: :grin:

EDIT: answer: yes I can

*ahem*

no, my shirt didn't have a stain

yes, it IS a metaphor ;) :grin:

I think I understand...try clorox.

I have a solution.....get a new shirt.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: