Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

imho 'Album' is even more correct than 'CDs' :thumbsup:

CDs can be Singles or Albums or Compilations ... etc. etc.

Albums are albums, and considering that nowadays Albums get released as download, CD and Vinyl - you'd have to always say everything...

If I do go, can I do some DeeJay duties? I used to be a DJ for social events and that sort of thing and it was the greatest job I ever had! :grin:

And you should try and find albums with the word "Album" in the title, like the White Album for instance, just so he keeps hearing the word! :laughing:

Just something for the e-mailing idiot:

Wikipedia says:

"Today, with the vinyl record no longer being used as the primary form of distribution, the term "album" can still be applied to any sound recording collection, such as those on compact disc, MiniDisc, Compact audio cassette, and digital or MP3 albums. Cover art is also considered an integral part of the album. Many albums also come with liner notes and inserts giving background information or analysis of the recording, reprinted lyrics, images of the performers, or additional artwork and text."

And I'd love to co-host radio!! :grin:

Listeners!! I had this guy send me a not so nice email saying I shouldn't be on the air if I refer to new releases from bands and albums. They are CD's and I should know that and if I don't get another job!! Come on, so many people call them albums. He needs to get a life!! }:(

according to Mirriam-Webster online, the definition of "album" is thus:

a collection usually in book form of literary selections, musical compositions, or pictures

flip the guy an e-finger.