Henry David

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, i always bother yall with my love problems.

Im fallin real hard for a girl, and her and i are real real close, but...shes got a boyfriend. Im kinda scared to tell her how i feel, cause i dont wanna scare her off, just being with her makes me a better person...

So, yeah.

Dang, maybe i should just be a monk, never have to worry about women again!

On the other hand....Joann was dating someone else when we met. We've been together 38years, married 34 years.

I say find out how she feels about you.

If I'd never dated a girl who was already in a relationship I'd have had very few dates (probably mostly with girls who were not found desirable by other men).

Be honest and above-board...*but don't bow out before even bowing in.

* Unless the guy is a friend of yours. Then...off limits until/if something changes..

Paul, don't get in a triangle, they never end good...believe me I know. You can have these feelings for her while just being a friend and you never know what the future might hold. Don't shut your heart down, it may work out with her or someone else may come along when you least expect it. But don't lose a friend, those are something we all need to hold close, they always last longer than lovers.

Dr. Joe, when I met my husband I was free as he was. I had left my previous relationship of many years one week before.

I can´t e-mail you more details of my life before I maried my curent husband because I fell on my head when I met him and forgot everything I did before. :angel:

I was with wife 1 and had been friends with who turned out to be wife 2 for about 3 years before I separated from wife 1. There was no hankie pankey, or even a hint of interest in wife 2 until after the divorce was final from wife 1. Six months later we were engaged and have been married for almost six years. Paul, if I were you, I would let things run their course with without you being anything more than friends until she is out of the relationship, without any added help from you...

Well said, Marc. I worked with Mr. Peaches while I was engaged to a sub-human life form. It wasn't until after that train wreck jumped the rails that he asked me out. He told me later that he was madly in love with me the whole time but wanted to wait until I was in the right frame of mind before he put the moves on me. That sweet, wonderful bastard. :grin:

In a wicked twist (and a severe slap in the face), I was involved with - let's just say "someone else" - a little over a year ago. And because of that, I turned down a date with a man who was the total package: nice, good-looking, rich, etc.

Subsequently, I ended my relationship due to "irreconcilable differences" (the difference was that he was verbally abusive, and I could not reconcile myself to put up with it) and the Total Package meantime went out and found himself someone else. They got married last month. We are, however, still great friends, and in two weeks I will be attending their wedding reception at a swanky resort.

I may never forgive myself for passing up that one.