The Songfactor's Choice Top 10 #48

OLD 55

Got my vote Phil and Laurie. It'd be nice to see Oz Group The Seekers get into our Ten. It's a great song. My favorite of their's is The Carnival Is Over, but that didn't chart in the U.S., despite reaching #1 in the U.K. and Australia.

:)

:( hiya, old55, i'm kinda new...i'm still only a frog, i think....i just wanted to tell you how much i laughed about your signature, i absolutely love pigs!!! :thumbsup: :coolio: :puppyeyes: :rockon:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you and a very Big Welcome Sadlady. :)

We don't like to see anyone sad here. :crazy:

How about joining this lovely band of people we have here and nominating a couple of songs for the Top Ten ? If you're not sure what to do, I'm sure there's plenty of willing helpers, including me.

Some fine renominations this time:

American Woman - The Guess Who placed #11 on list 5

With A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker placed #21 on list 16

I´ll feel a whole lot better - The Byrds (1965) has been nom. twice before

London Calling - The Clash was #16 on list 7

Dust My Broom - Elmore James was #39 on list 32

Think - Aretha Franklin was #13 on list 13

Scooby Snacks - Fun Loving Criminals was #52 on list 25

Got my vote Phil and Laurie. It'd be nice to see Oz Group The Seekers get into our Ten. It's a great song. My favorite of their's is The Carnival Is Over, but that didn't chart in the U.S., despite reaching #1 in the U.K. and Australia.

My mum loves 'The Carnival Is Over' SO much!! I remember someone sang it on the last night of the Royal Easter Show when it moved from Moore Park to Homebush Bay, I think mum cried!

When we were kids, mum used to sing my brother and I to sleep at night with 'Morningtown Ride' by The Seekers.

Ahh, the memories :grin: :laughing:

I hate to say this, but Terry Stafford's version of "Suspicion" absolutely kills Elvis', which was released a couple of years prior. The trumpet and female backing singers really make it.

Does everyone know Aretha Franklin's "Think" is the song she sang in the cafe in the "Blues Brothers" movie ? I didn't know it had been nominated before.

Well done Dappled. :)

I didn't put videos on for my nominations, so here we go:

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - Dusty Springfield

She would have to've be the world's most awful mimer/lip syncher !

I Am A Rock - Simon & Garfunkel

Thanks for the Faith Hill clip Shawna. What a woman! :googly:

(Of course, that could mean either Faith Hill or Shawna).

Laurie pipped me at the post on American Woman so I'll have to make do with these:

1. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - Joan Baez. Even though I like the Band's original version, this is one cover I like better than the original.

Link

2. The Shape I'm In - The Band

I'm glad to see that the Seekers have a nominated song. I've got most of their albums and their greatest hits CD. I don't think they received the respect they deserve. Georgy Girl is a great song, but they have so many others. Among my favourites are Come The Day, A World Of Our Own, Rattler, Someday, One Day and Red Rubber Ball which was, I believe, a hit for The Cyrkle.

1. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - Joan Baez. Even though I like the Band's original version, this is one cover I like better than the original.

2. The Shape I'm In - The Band

CanAm - is "The Shape I'm In" the same song that Fleetwood Mac did a live version of on their "Live" CD back in the '80s?

Can't help it 'bout the shape I'm in

I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

don't ask me what I think of you

I might not give the answer that you want me to

And also - I love Joan Baez's version of "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down." That's one of those tunes that gives me goosebumps.

19? Are you serious?

Where's the love?!?!

Get up and get moving everyone! Time to dust off those old nominations lists that you've been saving for a rainy day!

----------------------------

I don't know if I'm counting wrong or what, but I think there's 26...?

Edited by Guest
I went back and counted the noms...