The Songfactor's Choice Top 10 #48

OLD 55

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Dylan, probably the greatest songwriter of the second half of the 20th Century. It's a pity God didn't give him a voice to match that talent. Let's see - Like A Rolling Stone, Hurricane, Lay Lady Lay, It's All Over Now Baby Blue, couple of others - count his passable vocals on your fingers; all the rest he can't sing worth a damn, but thankfully so many other artists have covered his wonderful songs.

:)

Personally, I think his younger singing voice is fine, but age has not been good to him. It's really a pain to listen to him anymore, it's like listening to an old man ramble on about the time when putting onions on your belt was a style.

For songs like Don't Think Twice, It's All Right, he manages to make it work without good vocals. I have to say that I don't like his album version of Talkin' WWIII Blues, but I like the one off of Don't Look Back. It's kinda odd how drastic the changes between album and live can be with ol' Bobby. :P

Edited by Guest
Wrong one, doggonnit

Phil...Georgy Girl reminds me of when I was little and my older sister took me along to the lake with her and her friends....this song was playing on the radio, and all her friends were singing along to it...funny how songs bring back memories like that...My oldest sister is 13 years older than me also, so I heard alot of the oldies growing up....

Oh, mon dieu... :P:P It´s already plenty of wonderful songs... I almost have my top twenty by now... :laughing:

Darryl, so you

...don't want to be a TOP TEN TART
and you nominate "I am a rock" and "You don´t have to say you love me"? :shades: :laughing:

So you posted "Automatic" again, Martin? :shades: :laughing:

Ah Ha Dear edna! :)

That must mean you like them and are going to vote for them ?

They're no 'shoe in'. Many of our younger members, as knowledgable as they may be, probably won't know them.

Now if I'd left in "Lola" that would have made me a 'Pop Tart'. :grin: