John Cusack Fans

Sweet Jane 61

My favorite Cusack movie quote...

"I don't want to buy anything, sell anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

That is one of my top ten favorite quotes of all time! You are the man, Mr. Pink. :bow:

I've owned that film in cassette since it was released, on DVD since it was released. Seen it a hundred times, it was filmed primarily just a few miles from where I sit right now. It is the best Cusack film, with "A Sure Thing" a very, very close second!!

From Say Anything--

Lloyd (John)"Why can't you be in a good mood? How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and be in a good mood once in a while?"

Constance (Joan) "Gee, it's easy."

Lloyd (John) "You used to be fun. You used to be warped and twisted and hilarious... and I mean that in the best way - I mean it as a compliment!

Constance (Joan) "I was hilarious once, wasn't I?"

It is the best Cusack film, with "A Sure Thing" a very, very close second!!

Mike, you are the wind beneath my wings. :bow:

"I flunk English, I'm outta here. I gotta get a job, and you know what that means. That's right, they start me at the drive-up window and I gradually work my way up from shakes to burgers, and then one day my lucky break comes: the french fry guy dies and they offer me the job. But the day I'm supposed to start some men come by in a black Lincoln Continental and tell me I can make a quick 300 just for driving a van back from Mexico. When I get out of jail I'm 36 years old. Living in a flop house. No job. No home. No upward mobility. Very few teeth. And then one day they find me, face down in the gutter, clutching a bottle of paint thinner and why? Because you wouldn't help me in English!"

[stranded in the middle of nowhere, in the rain]

Gib: It's important that this trailer be locked out in the middle of nowhere.

Alison: I have a credit card.

Gib: Credit cards work on a completly different kind of lock.

Gib: You have a credit card.

Alison: Oh wait, my father said to only use in the case of an emergency"

Gib: Well, maybe one will come up.

[being dumped from their ride share]

Gib: Wait, Gary, ... feelings, nothing more than feelings.

[side of the road]

Gib: You know, junk food doesn't deserve the bad rap that it gets. Take these pork rinds for example. This particular brand contains two percent of the R.D.A. (that's Recommended Daily Allowance) of riboflavin.

"Driving with a load not properly tied down?" :laughing: :laughing:

and

Gib: Elliot? You're gonna name the kid Elliot? No, you can't name the kid Elliot. Elliot is a fat kid with glasses who eats paste. You're not gonna name the kid Elliot. You gotta give him a real name. Give him a name. Like Nick.

Alison: Nick?

(Gib): Yeah, Nick. Nick's a real name. Nick's your buddy. Nick's the kind of guy you can trust, the kind of guy you can drink a beer with, the kind of guy who doesn't mind if you puke in his car. Nick.

Edited by Guest

LLOYD: I'm gonna take Diane Court out again.

COREY: Well thats unlikely.

LLOYD: Is the movies a good second date, you know? As a date?

COREY: Well you never had a first date.

LLOYD: Yes we did. I sat across from her at a mall. We ate together. We ate. That's eating. Sharing an important physical event.

COREY: That's not even a scam.

LLOYD: What's a scam?

COREY: Going out as friends.

DC: No its not. Scam is lusting.

LLOYD & COREY: Then what's a date?

DC: Date is a prearrangement. With a possibility for love.

COREY: Then what's love?