Song Facts - How Correct Are They?

CRAW

Just a basic question for you all... The Song Facts posted just below the song info (album title, lyrics link..etc) and above where any average Joe can post his/her feelings on a song, are they confirmed 100% accurate? And if so, by what source?

Thanks in advance,

CRAW

I would hope so too, but why the separation between the two groups of posts about a song? Some also have a "Thanks to so and so" after a fact, which leads me to believe that they have been confirmed. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

You can either post a comment, which is the lower part, or submit facts, which are sent to the admins I believe (not too sure about that). I don't know what exactly they do with them, but they process them so they appear in the upper part, and add "thanks to [whoever submitted them]".

Perhaps a mod could clarify...

Hi Craw! Anyone can submit facts to the site. They are then verified by members of the Songfacts team. The "thanks to so and so" is a shout out to the person who submitted the facts or to the artist who spoke to Carl (the founder of the site and our fearless leader) about the song. I'm not sure about the facts without a "thanks". Perhaps they are facts that Carl already knew about. He's been a DJ for years and knows all sorts of song facts.

Every so often a fact will slip in that turns out not to be true. They are corrected as soon we are aware of them. We encourage everyone to comment about possible corrections. The comments are monitored on a daily basis.

Thanks for the question. Hang around a while...you might like it here. :)

Hi Craw - welcome to Songfacts. :)

The facts that are posted for any given song are the result of interviews with the person who wrote the song, extensive research (Internet and otherwise) about the song, and/or facts submitted by our members who may have an inside track.

If we have talked with the songwriter or artist who contributed to the song, we give them credit at the end of the write-up.

With any submittal, we do extensive checking to confirm the information before it is posted on the site. The submittals are credited to the person who sent in the idea for the facts. That's why you'll see the "thanks to so-and-so" at the end.

We make every effort to assure accuracy of the songfacts. However, as with any original creation, with the exception of obtaining the information first-hand from the writer or artist we cannot guarantee everything is 100% accurate. So if you find an error, please send in the correct information (you'll see the area where you may do this at the bottom of the songfacts) and we will double-check.

Your help - and that of all our members - is greatly appreciated and valued. :)

These were the answers I was looking for, and again, thank you all so much.

I think I might hang out here a while, and I might jump in head first. LOL! I love the site, and I'm just now becoming familiar with the forums.

I've been coming to the site regularly for about three months now to do research for my List. I'm making a list of my top 100 songs of all time - I know I'm a dork, but this site has really helped me.