Sign in to follow this  
_Laurie_

American Idol 07

Can I vote Diana Ross off? She shrieked.

I said almost the same thing to my son. She was AWFUL. I'd have loved to hear what Simon had to say about that performance.

Well that wasn't as bad as it could've been. Peaches' Chris is the coolest. The only horrible part (I'm not including Sanjaya anymore, he's the comic relief now), was Gina. What the hell did she do to one of the greatest songs ever written?!? That was painful.

That crying girl scared the crap out of me. And Ryan needs to watch what his hands are doing...

I got home late, so I just fast forwarded through everything. I wasn't terribly impressed with anyone, even my darling Sideshow Bob haired Chris.

To quote the movie "Ten Things I Hate About You", I know you can be underwhelmed, and you can be overwhelmed, but can you ever just be, like, whelmed?

what were his hands doing? I must've missed it...

Luckily I have DVR, so I can go back and check thrilling moments like this... He mentioned Simon grabbing the microphone, and his hands made a motion reminiscent of... well, it was pretty whacky, I thought. :P :jester:

Tonight's theme is 90's. Once again, this holds the potential of butchering songs I love. Luckily, there was also a lot of crap in the 90's, and I bet that's what most of the contestants sing.

Blake sang The Cure, which makes him the coolest.

He did no such thing. He sang 311 singing The Cure, which makes him the lamest. I've always hated that cover. You just don't intercourse with Robert Smith.

And by the way, Sanjaya looked like a peacock on crack.

Yeah, he turned a nice, thoroughly depressing tune into some poppy love song, not to mention he sounded like a little girl while singing it. Get him off...but not until Big-Eared Dude gets bounced. What a solid waste of airtime he is!

And if the foreigner from Seattle doesn't get the boot tonight, then his strategy has worked to perfection....KEEP THE FOCUS AWAY FROM HIS SINGING.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: