American Idol 07

_Laurie_

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bored to tears with this season. I worship the ground Melinda walks on, but I couldn't care less about the rest of them. Okay, I do love LaKisha, too. But that's it. I am supremely amused by Sanjaya. He's turned into quite the pimp, hasn't he? I still maintain that he's got a voice somewhere underneath all that hair, but I like him much better as a sideshow act.

If the producers have any integrity, this would be the last season. But since when do Hollywood producers have any integrity? The only way this bloody season will cause the show to end (as it should no matter what the result is) is if Sanjaya wins, and that will cause Simon to quit. And if there's no Simon, there's no show.

Last night was so funny when Haley said Simon was who she anticipated the most hearing from out of the three, and then Paula and Randy totally dissed her. :laughing: :laughing: she deserved that!

------------------

did anyone besides me understand that Simon's comment last night about Sanajaya being "sensational" was sarcastic?

• 2 weeks later...

i actually think sanjaya is much better than chris or blake. both of them are very week singers. but sanjaya didn't seem to have any fire in him - the songs were just sliding out of him rather than being sung. and he became a caricature of himself. melinda is the clear winner and has been since the final 24 - she's amazing! everyone else is just meh!

Gisela! So good to see you again! :) :)

I love Melinda - and I hate Chris and Blake. Although I do admit Blake is the better singer - he's just so hard for me to look at, because of that blatant lack of an upper lip.

But my pick for the winner is Jordin. She just seems more like the Idol image than Melinda - Melinda is more polished and professional - and I think older than her years.

The prolific hit-writing/producing team of Gamble & Huff were guests on the oldies station this morning. They both feel that Sanjaya embodies what American Idol should be. They both agreed that he should be the American idol not because he's the best singer or entertainer but because he has "it"...that cetrtain magnetism that attracts fans, viewers and record buyers.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so everloving bored with this season that I keep saying that I don't care who wins. Sure, I love Melinda, but she'll have a career no matter what. My boredom has led to a perverse bitterness about the whole thing. I have decided that I want Blake to win, only so he has to compromise the originality he is trying so desperately to bring to the competition. Deep down in the darkest part of my withered soul, I want him to have to sign his soul over to the devil and be forced to sing the schmaltzy crap that every Idol has to release. Hearing him have to choke his way through a steaming pile of elephant dung like "Do I Make You Proud?" would make me happier than I care to admit.

Schadenfreude, baby.

I loved Melinda in the beginning. I've never liked Blake. He has no lips.

I have, however, shifted my positive energy to Jordin. I think she's gotten very, very good. Plus she's a hometown girl (Glendale, AZ - which is about 15 minutes away from here) so I have to root for her. I loved that old song she sang twice "I Who Have Nothing" (or something like that).

She fits the Idol mold better than the others, anyway... After that first year she'll break out, just like Kelly did, just like Carrie did.