One from way back

Ken

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong in the pronunciation sense? So what's the n doing in my name then?

:P

Because I like to make fun of you.

Actually, I think a lot of threads here are kinda... eh. Like I mentioned before, an off-topic thread in an off-topic board is pretty redundant. I'm not really a fan of the Fun & Games boards, either.

Still, I've participated in all that stuff, so whatever. I don't really care. It's just talking to me. I just think that since we have a random video posts thread that we can use it for things like this. Just sayin'.

Edited by Guest

But if we posted every single thing in only 10 different threads, they would get congested. I know that if I go away for a couple of days, there are a gazillion posts in Random Thoughts and Announcements. Different topics are discussed and piled on top of each other. This particular thread created quite a lovely conversation about this movie and the merits of older films vs new films. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

It's not like we have to pay the internet gods for excessive threads or anything. :doh:

Personally I think if this had been posted in the random video posts thread, it would've gotten similar replies, and that could've spurred a thread about the discussion of newer versus older movies. I'll concede the congestion point, and it's also notable that too many threads would just be a pain in the butt... but I just hope that I would get the same treatment if I created an entire thread about a Budlight commercial. :P

But if we posted every single thing in only 10 different threads, they would get congested. I know that if I go away for a couple of days, there are a gazillion posts in Random Thoughts and Announcements. Different topics are discussed and piled on top of each other. This particular thread created quite a lovely conversation about this movie and the merits of older films vs new films. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

It's not like we have to pay the internet gods for excessive threads or anything. :doh:

But that gives posts with threads of their own an unfair advantage, no? That might encourage posting videos in separate threads... which would lead to congestion on the boards. And empty threads.

I just hope that I would get the same treatment if I created an entire thread about a Budlight commercial. :P

I would roll out the cyber red carpet for anything you do, sugar. :P

But that gives posts with threads of their own an unfair advantage, no?

An unfair advantage? Advantage for what? Are we getting paid for posts? Where do I sign up? I need to get in on that action.

That might encourage posting videos in separate threads... which would lead to congestion on the boards. And empty threads.

You irritate me when you are reasonable, Radhi. Fine, everyone is right, I'm wrong. :neener:

But that gives posts with threads of their own an unfair advantage, no? That might encourage posting videos in separate threads... which would lead to congestion on the boards. And empty threads.

exactly!

I have to tell you, when I come online and see 5 threads with 50 new responses, then I'm sure to go there,

but if I see 50 new threads with very few to no replies, then I probably wouldn't bother (especially if I didn't know what it's about, because the title and/or first post are a random, meaningless expression), but that's just mho :crazy: :P

Considering how slowly the random video post thread moves at time, I don't think it'd have been much of a concern for it getting buried under other things.

But if you aren't a major dork who checks in here a couple of times a day (like myself), it does get backed up. I find myself half-heartedly skimming through it just to get to the end some days.

I just wanted a clarification... it's for your own good!

I'll have you know that I understand you perfectly. :cool:

In fact... I might know you better than you know yourself }:|

[i love it when people find out I'm doing psychology and then ask me "So can you tell me what I'm thinking?"]

I don't know what to think. It's true that I lose interest when I go online and find 50 ne wthreads with one or two responses each, but on the other hand I don't pay that much attention to lots of new videos posted in Random Thoughts, simply because it's a matter of time. True, I've never clicked on the thread only to find 40 links to 40 videos, but you know what I mean.

I suppose those threads are fine once in a while, one thread about one video, and I doubt that it will take over the boards.

I realise I have said nothing new. :crazy: