The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #46

Farin

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN # 46

:)

"WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO", YOU ASK ?

IT'S EASY!

- Simply nominate two songs from 1950 on that weren't in a previous Top Ten

(Click here to find out --> Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens )

- When nominations close, choose your Ten favourite songs out of all Nominations.

We'll give 10 points for #1, 9 for #2 etc. and compile the Top Ten from them.

NOMINATE AWAY NOW!!

:headphones:

Edited by Guest
thread title

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leader of the Pack - Shangri-Las

(I met him at the candy store.......... vroom,vroom,vrooooooooom)

Madman Running Through the Fields - Dantalian's Chariot

From allmusic.com: One of the most brilliant obscure psychedelic singles of the late '60s — indeed, one of the most brilliant obscure rock singles of any kind from the era — was Dantalian's Chariot's "Madman Running Through the Fields." This 1967 effort was British pop-psych at its zenith, strongly reminiscent of (and as good as) the classic early sides by Syd Barrett's Pink Floyd. What made it all the stranger was that it was the debut single by a group of veteran musicians who, just a few months earlier, had been playing jazz/R&B fusion as Zoot Money's Big Roll Band. Money, a journeyman keyboard player and singer, had made a few records without getting anything close to a hit; his band featured a young Andy Summers, over a decade before the guitarist would reach stardom with the Police.

Crap, the two songs I was gonna nominate (Green Onions and Gimme Some Lovin') have already won. Now I'm actually going to have to THINK about this one. }:(

You should make a master list...thinking of songs to nominate all the time, instead of just recycling old nominations or songs from the supergroups. Give us some succulent nominations.

Farther on Down the Road - Taj Mahal

Virginia - Marshall Tucker