Age Of Innocence

Bobo

Okay. I've been playing around with this one for about a month or two or so. I didn't like it as it was, and I'm still not happy about some of it. I'm rewriting the tune to be recorded sometime in September. It's a rather slow, almost spectrally haunting melody that goes along with it, most probably in 6/8 and F major.

There's not much to say, except, it's about suicide. Again. I don't know how that works.. At the time, I dug the difference between the simple verses and the disturbingly bad chorus.

If you're interested, this was the song I wrote, not directly before Charcoaling Ikebana, but the one before that. The one in the middle was quite filler. *breathes in* Here goes.

He tells me you're in love with someone new

Tell me it's not so, say it can't be true

Until you do, you know from me

That my life is good no more

Is it suicide, washes over me, a death inside my soul

Bathe my heart in you, cleanse and purify, and yet destroy it whole

Age of innocence, let my heart be scorched by fire

Let me quell its one desire

Though my life's been thrown away, know I'm away

Where my soul could never tire

In a fantastic dream world where inside my head swirled

With a love once wild for you

An exsanguinous flame lets out my blood again

Which was bled and once withdrew

I can't express the pain you made me feel

Maybe it's not fair and your love's so real

Really for me, your love bursts through

Though it's kicked back to the ground

One day you will know you can't have me back through your silence unprofound

Age of innocence...

I don't know if my pain dwells deep inside

Superficial hurt is your only pride

I know tonight you will pretend

You don't care what you've lost

Only for my life which you threw away - can't get back at any cost

Age of innocence...

I don't know how this one will be received as it was written quite some time ago, but I hope that it's received well..

Thanks for listening guys.

Love and mercy

Matt

Yeah, I think that despite the inevitable fact that I cause aversive tendencies amongst many, that it has been scientifically proven by now..

Don't fret though, it doesn't matter that it's not being responded to.

Love and mercy

I can't hold it in any longer, I hate you Bobo and everything you do! All the praise over the months of the forum all fake!

-Just kiddin' with ya- ::

As usual this was a great post Matt, as high of quality as I've come to expect from you. Keep up the good work.

And Gillian you're right, more people need to frequent the "Creative Writing" forum, cause as usual it's just you, Bobo, Muzik, and me.

Gahah! Don't worry, most people can't hold it in any more, so don't worry!

;) I think that more people need to come around this forum, that's for sure. I'll see if I can get more people around to have a glimpse at things.

Thanks again!

Love and mercy

Matt

I can't hold it in any longer, I hate you Bobo and everything you do! All the praise over the months of the forum all fake!

-Just kiddin' with ya- ::

As usual this was a great post Matt, as high of quality as I've come to expect from you. Keep up the good work.

And Gillian you're right, more people need to frequent the "Creative Writing" forum, cause as usual it's just you, Bobo, Muzik, and me.